Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you familiar with the "Eclipse" brand of car audio equipment? I am getting a system priced out for my 68 Mustang and this is what the shop is suggesting. Just looking for opinions on the stuff. Not much written on epinions.com but what I see seems to be pretty good.

goodies here:
www.eclipse-web.com

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
eclipse is pretty good stuff. their hu's are really good quality form what i hear. there subs aren't too bad from what i hear also. not sure about any of their other equipment though. i think you'd be happy with that equipment though. what exactly are you getting and what kind of price? just wondering.

- Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
The higher end eclipse units are sometimes used for competitions. They also read scratched cds and burnt cds great. We litterally took a burnt cd and rubbed it into the road then wiped it off and threw it into the head unit and it played without a skip. So yeah they are a really good head unit. The preouts are a decent voltage too. I think most of them are 4 volt while the higher end ones are 5 or 5.5. All in all a good head unit. I personally kinda think they are bland looking though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at getting 5" rounds and a little tweeter in each kickpanel. Two 6.5" rounds on the back deck and a 10" sub in the trunk. Also in the trunk I will be getting a amp in a custom storage box being built for the wheel well. Not sure the head unit yet but it will have a cd player. Also the trunk will be sprayed with that truck bed stuff to cut down on vibrations. This would be done by a friend of the family that does custom car audio. I show my Mustang. He is quoting me around $2400.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
The higher end HU have 8V pre outs and even some of the middle range ones have that. The Laser Pickup is fantastic, and the quality of the head unit is amazing. This is one of the best units on the market right now. There subs are excellent power subs, they make a great titanium cone and aluminum cone sub, I don't know what the quality of them are. Their speakers are amazing, at least the components are. They get fantastic reviews on them. The amps are decent and they make a fantastic 1/2 octave 2-channel eq, its absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
where can you buy eclipse audio head units online? i cant seem to find a place that has them. the web site has no links and no indication where to get it. I live in Minnesota. Are they retail only? Looking for the new gps capable one.

thanks for any help.

Zex

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
eclipse doesn't sell anything online...it's a retail store item only because of the warranty involved, it must be installed by an authorized installer in order to be covered under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts