Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I dont know man, 330 CFM, 100% water resistant, plus you cant beat the combination of a supercharger and a turbochager[thumb] .

(note to all, ^^not serious)

·
Registered
697 Posts
its a scam, the engine would suck the blades off it. oyou'd need something that was engineered for it and put out one metric psi or more or it to be even worth anything, alll that pos does is cause restriction, trust me im currentl y working on something similar to that now. just to keep me busy (NO IT AINT GOING ON MY CAR) i like to desig nthings. no wonder im studying to be a mech engineer. lol......also same thing goes for tose intake snakes i've see n on e-bay

·
Registered
845 Posts
They are selling a knock-off E-Ram electronic supercharger. They push (supposidly) around 2 psi. If you boost only 2 psi, you won't even need to upgrade your fuel system. You can just slap that thing on and go, but you'll want to fix it up so it only activates near wide open throttle. You may (if lucky) get around 10% increase in power which in most cases is 10-15whp. Do a google search for "e-ram" and you'll find a little info.

I say, give it another year and they'll have these electronic superchargers pushing around 4 or 5 psi. That would make the JRSC look like crap. Given the e-ram lasted a while of course.

If you get one, be sure to put a screen or something above your throttle body to catch pieces that may break off of the plastic blades (I don't know why they haven't gone with aluminum blades yet).

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
If they can't provide a PSI specification for the product, it must be crap.

You'd be better off buying one of those Shark hand vacs and using the motor from it for your electric turbo/supercharger.

·
Registered
845 Posts
They give most of their results in "CFM", but they do list psi also. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about the 2 psi I mentioned. Research it more and you'll discover. It's obvious to me if you dump around 40,000 CFM into your intake tube that you'll build some pressure though. You always get what you pay for, and in this case, you are paying for 2 psi for about 1-2 years of use. Instead of, a JRSC's 5-7 or 8 psi for the life of your car.

I'm suprised nobody has made a supercharger that runs on that RC car nitro fuel yet. Other than starting the small engine, there would be NO parasitic loss, and the boost could be regulated with the throttle...SIMPLE. There's really no maintenance of these small engines because the fuel oils tha thing, replacement parts are cheap, and a new engine would only cost about $100-$200. You'd just want a large (well insulated) fuel tank and someone to give you the hook up on some fuel (I'm guessing you could buy it by the gallon for some $$$, but then how much do people keep paying to refill their nitrous bottles?). Just a thought.[???:)]

·
Registered
697 Posts
microtonal said:
If they can't provide a PSI specification for the product, it must be crap.

You'd be better off buying one of those Shark hand vacs and using the motor from it for your electric turbo/supercharger.

i agree. waht he said....

one psi is only 904 cfm... i think i could be off a little.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
you guys ever hear of the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" yea i think that says it all. i boo that bs f.i system BOOO BOOOOOO YOU AND YOUR DAMN GARBAGE BOOOO : )

·
Registered
697 Posts
focus mike said:
you guys ever hear of the phrase "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" yea i think that says it all. i boo that bs f.i system BOOO BOOOOOO YOU AND YOUR DAMN GARBAGE BOOOO : )

good boy. curse out those scam artists

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
from E-RAM Website
The eRAM produces less than ½ PSI, but also rids the system of about ½ PSI of vacuum caused by filter and inlet restriction. These two gains give the eRAM its 1PSI supercharging performance results
WooHoo !
1 PSI !!!

E-RAM Website Faq

·
Registered
697 Posts
yep psi of bullshit.

i have my dobuts. im currently working o nsomething now liek i stated. and its practiclly impossble im having a hrd time with it.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
stay away from all products that say will give alot of hp for cheap...
that will never happen...

·
Registered
845 Posts
oops...lol...what the H*ll kinda day was I having? 40,000 CFM would be fun, but I'm pretty sure I was thinking rpm to produce 2 psi with that e-ram. I guess that's why my old English teachers used to tell me to reference my quotes (whether direct or indirect). Also, I got my 2 psi from the site where they mention having 2 of those e-rams installed instead of just 1.

Anyways, this thing is weak, but it obviously helps with airflow...they have lots of dynos for proof since you all love dyno results so much. They claim something like a 4-6% increase or your money back. Everyone knows about the company, so I wouldn't think it would be too hard to get your money back if the thing doesn't perform as claimed (I'm refering to that e-ram website, and not ebay's knock-off).

If you're willing to spend $250 on an intake like Volant for about the same increase, then why are you all looking at this e-ram so negatively for? If you are only doing a few bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, pulleys, throttle body, and cam gears), then this may work as advertised and perform as well if not better than each of those other individual mods of similar monitary value. It's inexpensive and non-traditional, so you call it "cheap". I bet it would improve over 80% of the Focuses in this forum because even "pushing" in 1psi would be better than the negative pressure your engine creates inside your intake to "pull" in air (if it works as advertised).

"you get what you pay for"...sure you do! But in this case, you pay about $250 for 1 psi or you can pay $3000 for 7-8

to throw quotes..."don't knock it 'til you try it". I'd like a first hand testimonial and not someone's personal feelings toward non-traditional supercharging. I bet no one in this thread that's putting the e-ram down has had one on their Focus.

The only draw back I notice about the e-ram is the plastic blades (don't really trust that), and that the motor is in-line with the intake tube. If it was a system with the motor outside using a pulley and belt to drive a fan (which would achieve higher rpm), I'd like it more because you wouldn't get much heat coming off the motor in your airflow.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
they seem pretty confident that it works but they want you to dyno test it to prove it didn't increase any HP if you decide to return the E-RAM.

From E-RAM Website
Performance Guarantee:
After purchasing and (properly) installing the e-RAM on your engine, you do not feel that the performance increase is what we have claimed (4%-6% HP increase), you just need to do the following within 30 days of receiving your e-RAM to get a full refund*.. Take your car to a dyno test in your area. Make dyno runs with and without the e-RAM activated, and take a picture of how it was installed. Mail the e-RAM back to us with the picture, a copy of your receipt, and a clear copy of your dyno comparison results (signed as witnessed by the technician running the dyno). If the dyno shows the e-RAM does not increase horsepower in your engine by an average of at least 4% of its previous horsepower throughout the 3000 to 6000 rpm range, and we conclude from the picture that you have installed the unit correctly, we will give you a full refund* and even pay for 1/2 your dyno fee! (up to a maximum of $50 reimbersement) *Full refund does not include shipping charges *Please see "compatability information" section below We challenge any other manufacturer of aftermarket bolt-on horsepower devices to make the same commitment! We know it works!

It's the Super E-RAM that uses two E-RAMs to get ~2psi.
THE SUPER E-RAM is two e-RAMs mounted in series. Total max output is 1400 watts, 100 amps. This configuration still produces 3 lbs. of thrust at 750cfm, but increases the total pressure output to 1.7 PSI (losses due to axial-flow design account for the total pressure being under 2.0 PSI

·
Registered
697 Posts
ok, well hows this. its meant for use with WOT. well what's it doing to your air flow when its not running? mmmmm?[???:)] im still very skeptical about it. unless it was made with aluminium fans, and casing, and also put out a safer solid PSI, i'd lookinto it. as of right now, thisi s what im trying to do. just for kicks and somethign to do. maybe i can get one take it apart and get blades machined aluminium lol cause guys there fans are mostly sold at your local hardware store, or boating store. i know i seen them. just got a power switch on it. woo fancy get a toggle switch and some wiring for 5$......canadian! haha

·
Registered
845 Posts
there's dyno results showing it's effect on airflow when "off"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wouldn't you think they'd have dyno sheets up with it off and on to show the gains?? So you have to go through all the BS of buying it installing it dynoing it and returning it just to find out it doeesn't work. With the cost of shipping + dyno testing that you're going to lose you might as well have investing in a real intake

·
Registered
697 Posts
NewFocusGuy said:
Wouldn't you think they'd have dyno sheets up with it off and on to show the gains?? So you have to go through all the BS of buying it installing it dynoing it and returning it just to find out it doeesn't work. With the cost of shipping + dyno testing that you're going to lose you might as well have investing in a real intake
this guys right! just just a pint of shitery

1 - 20 of 22 Posts