Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like what it saysin the title.....and plus what kind of header is good for an atx z-tec?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also what about this:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Focus-Zetec-00-01-02-03-04-05-2-0L-DOHC-Exhaust-Header_W0QQitemZ350123315855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item350123315855&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
can that be legit, as far as performance goes??

·
Registered
921 Posts
When someone asks a question like you did, I respond with another one: When was the last time you saw an ebay decal on an SCCA, NASA, drag, or rally car? Search the forums for this topic there is plenty of info, but in short, the best header is the SVT long tube header designed by Cosworth.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if i dont wanna go the expensive route (for now) which would better, 4-2-1 or shorty?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Long tube for sure. They've got enhanced scavenging and under hood temps drop because the gases head right out under the car. Shorties look pretty and that's about it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
money might be the problem, but you can deff find shorty header here on the bts forums... or have a guy post here for you like me...

-----

Ford Racing shorty header in great condition, for 75 + shipping fee's

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
"full legth headers" or "long tube header produces more power like oandawow said. The exhaust flows better b/c the primarys are all the same lenght. In other words the exhaust from two different cylinders dont meet in the collector at the same time and cause turbulence. In a sence, when that happens twice as much exhaust is going through the pipe than if it were just the exhaust from one cylinder. So it flows a lot better and thats were headers really make their power.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Shorty headers do almost nothing on the Focus.

Reactions: Lil_RedZX3

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i dont have access to a dyno but, does anyone know what kind of power the SVT header adds?

just qurious

·
Registered
921 Posts
Bolt-ons don't add power, they just free up more power that the motor didn't have. When coupled with a complete exhaust and intake, it should add a little get-up. Numbers are so trivial because they vary from car to car, and the difference between 120 and 127 at the wheels is nothing really. The car will be pretty slow either way. The real limiting factor on the Zetec non-SVT motor is the head. If the head flowed like a Duratec or SVT head stock, then the Zetecs would be putting down 140 or so at the wheels with just the standard I/H/E and a mail order tune. Remember, SVT engineers punched out 170bhp from a 121 cubic inch motor, which when it came out in 2002, was pretty badass.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ well i was thinkin about gettin my blocked machined, would that do any good?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and is the "ebay brand" header setup any good? i mean the non obx headers.....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the ebay shorty headers are going to be just as good as the FR ones, but they may just not lasst as long.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
no one's arguin w/ ya there, but the question is, are the ebay headers as good as other ones and the basic answer is yes. some people need to stay emissions legal, so they go w/ them and a HFC.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
if you need to keep the cat why not go for the full svt setup. svt header, svt cat, svt flex, and 2.5 inch exhaust. all the power of a long tube 4-2-1 and still emissions legal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts