Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the ebay store that goes by the name of 'importoptions'? I need a new front bumper (accident) and I came across this seller that has full body kits for 150 bucks. It's a little on the inexpensive side, so it made me wonder about it a little bit. If anyone can back these guys up I'd be more than happy to buy from them, but if not I'll look somewhere else. Advice guys! I need it.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I bought my body kit off one of those ebay sellers. $515 shipping with the full kit and fenders.

The quality of the fiberglass is pretty good. There's just some issues with the sizes of things. (Rear bumper was a little bigger on one side, fenders were not the same width on the top, little things like that)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Ive seen some ebay kits that were so thin you could see through em...

I dont trust ebay for body kits. I however plan to make my own...from Carbon Fiber no less...

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
xp0s3d said:
I bought my body kit off one of those ebay sellers. $515 shipping with the full kit and fenders.

The quality of the fiberglass is pretty good. There's just some issues with the sizes of things. (Rear bumper was a little bigger on one side, fenders were not the same width on the top, little things like that)
That's what happens when they keep using a mold to make a mold, and then that mold to make one more....and so on....

I bought a bumper from Extreme Dimensions when I had my Talon back in the day. It wasn't the best fitting one out there, but it really wasn't that bad at all either. The body shop close to my house did a good job with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When dealing with fiberglass you really want to see before you buy. There are so many variables affecting fiberglass that even the best made kit will still need to be fitted, and remolded on the car. Then you have to go through that painful painting process that fiberglass needs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts