1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
155 Posts
i just bought a set of cross drilled/slotted rotors off ebay with pads and i have yet to install them but from the looks an feel of them they appear to be of great quality.. and only a $120 shipped for the fronts!!! wooo will let you know how good they work when i install them this weekend[headbang]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i would save a couple more $ and get a more reputable brand. but thats just me, i dont trust no names.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, don't get them, wait for brembos or something, and don't get crossed drilled, they weaken the rotor, unless they are cast, don't bother, there are tons of threads out there on these!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
my 2 cents

if your wanting to save money on car parts.. save money on something like body parts.. or a stereo....dont ever go for a no name brand on something that your life literally depends on like brakes.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
I bought a set of rotors from ebay about a year and a half ago. They were listed as "Brembo Drilled" rotors. Used them and had no problems. They did rust VERY quickly though. In total I think I paid $150 for 2 front rotors and it included Hawk HPS pads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have bought from R1 for my Yukon and rotors have been great. 1 year on the front 2 weeks on the year. I live in the hills and they are killer on the trucks stock rotors. With the drilled and slottet ones I have no issues with pulsating brakes or smoky hot rotors when I stop.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
There's certainly deals available on eBay even on name brand parts. But that's the name of the game...getting known brands from a reputable seller. Remember...you usually get what you pay for. Stick with a known quantity and 9 times out of ten you'll be just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts