Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so my bro bought some ebay lights.went on vacation for a month and had a friend pick them up in memphis.well the lights look amazing but the hookups in the back do not pug in.they are different than stock ones.is there anyway that this can be fixed?

Attachments

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Maybe you could take the harness from your stock headlights and somehow splice the projector wires into the appropriate locations. I'm not sure how well that would work, but you could at least look at them and see if it could be done. Perhaps someone will chime in that has done this. Good luck [thumb]

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
thats strange that they dont match... i have the ones that 'melt themselves' but the only reason they got hot is the bulbs that came with them...i guess their watts were really high or something, but i replaced the bulbs and they never ever heat up any more. but yeah...mail the company and get your money back or something

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude I got f'ed by these people too. I had an old set APC projectors and used the male connector from the back of them to run these hunks of crap. The lights kept blowing and I kept smelling plastic burning so I ditched em.

Don't even mess with them. Send them back immediately.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok sorry I took so long to reply...
first , I would love to send them back but my bro waited so long to pick them up that the company won't have anything to do with him now.Second he doesnt have the stock plugs for the headlights they are all burned up thats why he decided on some cool aftermarket lights.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
holy crapola you are correct!!would it be possible to buy the svt hid female connectors and splice those into my stock wiring?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
its worth a shot. too bad those connectors are prolly from Hella-Germany.im not sure how you would go about getting them. you might wanna try svtsalvage.com or focussalvage.com

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
check out the european connectors on europeanparts.net, and see if those are the same, i think they are because thats what everyone uses to splice in ST170 and HID lights that i know of

1 - 14 of 14 Posts