Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I search for the best prices, I am finding some good prices on Ebay, better then most places for the same items. Beyond the normal things to look out for on Ebay, what do others think?
Thanks in advance,
Erik

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It can be a good place to get things and a bad place, but make sure you read EVERYTHING when thinking about buying something on there people will try to screw you.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Yeah, eBay is great. I have successfully used it for more than two years now. Just make sure of a few things:

a) is it a brand-name item? If you don't care, then fine. If you do, read the description carefully to make sure you're bidding on what you really want.

b) sellers often use a photo that doesn't match the item they're selling. We went over this in another thread about wheels, where the picture was a Konig wheel, but the description never said anything about them being Konig wheels. So, if the appearance/condition of an item is important, make sure that the seller has a REAL picture or will provide you with one.

c) for the love of GOD, check the seller's feedback. I sometimes wonder if people bother to do this before bidding. Again, the guy selling the wheels had over 5,000 feedback comments, but hundreds and hundreds of them were negative or neutral. I just bought a stereo from a seller on eBay with over 5,000 feedback comments, and only a handful were negative or neutral. Does anyone complain about poor packing, slow shipping, ignoring emails, etc? If there are a lot of those then find someone else selling the same thing.

And have fun!! I just got that stereo for a great price, it's brand new in the box, and hundreds less than I would pay if I just walked into a car audio store...

·
Registered
793 Posts
SVT4ME summed it up pretty well, Ive always had good luck on ebay, but only when I purchased OEM or brand name items, theres lots of cheap junk floating around on there thats worthless, be careful

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have bought and sold stuff on Ebay for my motorcycles, but I know what I am doing there, brands etc. I have a lot to read up on to get familiar with Focus items.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
erik-smith said:
Thanks, I have bought and sold stuff on Ebay for my motorcycles, but I know what I am doing there, brands etc. I have a lot to read up on to get familiar with Focus items.
Oh, in that case, stay away from anything that promises big horsepower gains for little money - always a rip-off. I haven't bought any parts for the Focus yet, but others seem to be divided on whether the no-name stuff is any good or not. Common no-names on eBay are for stuff like air intakes, strut tower braces, coil-overs, etc. Be careful! Some say the parts are just fine, others say no.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
SVT4ME summed it very well a few posts back. I always check the seller's feedback before I buy. And if you have any questions, make sure you send the seller an email, too. I do that once and a while.
Oh, don't buy any chips claiming 20+ horsepower either....[hihi]

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
As with anyplace you buy remember the old saying "buyer beware".[paranoid]

·
Registered
419 Posts
i will ebay for anyting under 100, if its over $100 i wont bother also make sure the seller is a power seller, or at least has a feed back in the 50's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts