Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed my Halo LED headlights that I just bought off of ebay. But I have a problem of course. First of all, the right headlight Halo is not working even though it is wired the same way as the left one, to the fog lights. Now the second problem confuses me, my new headlights use the stock wire harness and now when I put my brights on my low beams come on and when my brights are off the high beams are on. Any answers this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think I heard once that the halo's wiring is switched around so it does change your highs and lows, I guess you would have to re-wire the lights and put them back in, you could try atleast to see if it works.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Well, from what I've heard, the hella projectors aren't any brighter than the other aftermarket projectors because they all use the lens as a method to filter the light instead of using a reflector like the stock headlight.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can you put any special bulb in it to make it brighter? Plus, I really dont care a whole lot about brightness, as long as they are brighter than stock. I was looking at those KS headlights on Ebay, but i dont know if they would look too good on my back car, especially compared to painted hellas.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those would look tight as hell on the gold. The only problem with the black focus, is that that dark plastic really stands out when u put it onto black paint, idk, im picky like that. I have seen these one tails, and its just weird because the black plastic color sticks out like a sore thumb on the black focus (yeah, that is why im getting mazda tribute handles, and painting up the hatch and the window moldings). The hella headlights, if painted, look great on the black focus.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I am thinking about getting the KS ones one day. But i have to sale the halos i have first.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ok.. dumb question i know.. but can someone link me to an ebay listing of the halo's i should be looking at.. i see some people talking about a KS version? whats that? thanks in advance...

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
This is the exact reason why I would NEVER buy ebay headlights, the quality is absolutely crap. Best of luck to whatever you need to get those working properly.

·
Registered
507 Posts
ChrisTopia said:
Those would look tight as hell on the gold
they are now installed, but the angel arent wired right now, i need to install a custom switch and resistors

that's too bad i remove my r34 front bumper before i install the new headlights [?|] (the winter is coming soon, i removed it before it become too cold to work on the car outside)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the KS halo's I bought were basically broken and I have to send the back for a refund. Can anyone point me in the direction of a reliable place to get KS Halo's?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts