Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How valid do these look?

Item # = 8070507009

I just basically want to know if anyone's had any experience with them in the past.. and also, will they fit a sedan? It says Zx3/Zx5/SVT, but I haven't heard anything about the headlight set-ups being any different.. I just want to be sure.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

*Cs19.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The first ones: I've heard pretty much everyone praise them, they are apparently very high quality.

Second ones: I have these exact lights. One came with a broken tab, and the high beams and low beams are wired backwards, so when you turn on the highs, the lows come on. The light pattern at night is pretty weird as well, it's "W" shaped, with the upper tips of the "W" being the beams. However, I fixed the broken tab, switched the wires for the lows and highs, and got them aimed properly. It's still a bit hard to see certain things at night. Also, the weather stripping around the light is beginning to crack. You can only see it if you look closely. They look awesome at least.

Both and ALL sets of aftermarket 00-04 lights will fit the sedan, no problem.

I recommend you get the first set of headlights in black. They look similar to the second set. The quality is higher, and you get a turn signal in the headlight itself so you can get a euro grille.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had all the same problems, broken tabs reverse wireing screwy adjustment. Fixed all the problems and changed bulbs to whitestars. All good now.[thumb]

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the first set in black.. Ground shipping. I couldn't bring myself to pay an extra $30 due to impatience... I'll post pics and results when I get them.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone :)

*Cs19.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts