Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture from the drivers seat of these headlights (look to be IPCW's but probably a knockoff)?

·
Registered
353 Posts
bump... I really like these and need to get a new set of headlights.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
00-04's haven't burned the housings yet the bulbs run cooler than the halogens did and the light output really doesn't scatter on this set. their are 2 adjustments on it. Projector adjuster in a panel on the bottom of the lights and then their is another one for the high beams on the top. the one in the panel on the bottom adjusts the height of the projector. crank it all the way up your projectors hit the tops of tree's and blind every one.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Couple Light Throw Pics on all Low beam. took them while moving so they are kind of a little blurry. The one in my driveway its pitched so the distance of the projector seems farther apart.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Couple Light Throw Pics on all Low beam. took them while moving so they are kind of a little blurry. The one in my driveway its pitched so the distance of the projector seems farther apart.

The light isn't scattered. But from what I can see, there is pencil-beaming and deadspots from the projectors. And the projectors are crooked and your alignment is off.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Pictures of the backs would be awesome. Been looking at these awhile. Want to replace the other black housing ebay lights with these. Have seen them on many different sites from $150-$250 but all appear to be the exact same lights. What site were you looking at iminhelll? Also want to put hids in them but was thinking about doing a full swap lenses and all from The Retrofit Source using 35w. Pricey I know but just like the black housing look.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I can pull a light out tomorrow and take a picture of the back. it uses the stock plug on a little jumper type harness so pretty much plug and play out of the box just on one spot they need a little trimming of the plastic (some weird tab that has no use)

I just noticed that the Driver side one is a little crooked. I haven't a clue how that happened or when it did.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
im curious to see the mounting points of the projector itself, IE, if its possible to fix the aiming issue, or even to retrofit in proper bi-xenon projectors.

Most of the headlights have a rubber seal on the back thats easily removable and replaceable, if you can take that off and try to get some shots inside, that would be super-cool

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Back of the light itself don't see no accessible screws to remove back cover. The Top screw looking piece i believe adjusts the angle of the projector. The Black Box at the Bottom with 3 screws is the cover to adjust the Height of the Projector.

Rubber Seal removed- Screws look to be up behind the cover.

Cover to adjust Height of Projector.

No clue what this wire harness goes to. Brown wire goes to the top of the main pigtail harness but on the Focus Harness there is only 3 wires. Probably unused and i see no where to connect them.

Bulb- 1156?

The piece that needs to be trimmed up to allow it to fit. Serves no real purpose other than probably strength. Under the Red wires. i clipped the corner off of it already long before.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
No problem. I think the only way to change the projectors or modify them is to remove the lense on the front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts