Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive always hated how high the Focus is. It makes it look kinda funny, so I was browsing on ebay and saw these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...arms=39:1|65:2|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

If anyone has personal experience that would be a plus, also if someone knows how to install, or if there is a write up on here about them, that would be cool too.

I also found this, Im not really looking to buy it, but I was curious to what they actually do. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perf...arms=39:1|65:2|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Thanks in advance [ffrocks] [headbang]

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you get what you pay for.. I will say DONT waste your time. "real" quality coilovers run around 800+ man.

and the speed chip is also a complete waste. Do not waste your money on it.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I would like to hear testimonials. I have always been told they are crap, but never from anyone that has actually bought them.
And the chip is crap. It fools a sensor into reading incorrect info. Not good for your engine and your ecu is a learning ecu and will figure it out and adjust.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Would you really trust $11 spring for your car. Just remember you put your life in the hands of your cars suspension i know i wouldn't wanna do it. I have spent more for dinner out.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
I would like to hear testimonials. I have always been told they are crap, but never from anyone that has actually bought them.
And the chip is crap. It fools a sensor into reading incorrect info. Not good for your engine and your ecu is a learning ecu and will figure it out and adjust.
oh they're out there, the testimonials that is. How about the guy who put those on his car, brought his car to a shop, the moment they put it on the lift his entire suspension fell out. IT FELL OUT! lol

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
^^^ yup i've heard that too haha.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Yeah that's the only one I've heard of though. I am not trying to defend them I am just curious.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
if you are like me.. you trust what works and what is proven and i only buy from people i would trust. Buying suspension from ebay for 10 BUCKS is not something i would call a good deal let alone safe. If you go that route.. that's fine.. take pics and let us know how it is

·
Banned
263 Posts
yea had them on my 2001 when i bought it. put it on the lift to inspect an exhaust leak and the back springs fell out. these are universal springs they are the exact same spring just listed for different cars. so no matched spring rates. no TUV certification no SAE certification. NO governing body over the quality. they bounced like crazy and just lowering your car is not the best way to increase handling. you want to UPGRADE your car not just lower it. and would you ride down the highway with your wife and kid on $11 springs???? you would be crazy to trust these

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
good point^^^ i wouldn't trust them with my family in the car

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
One thing they are good for though is a hood prop for car shows....lol. I bought some for my Legend like 10 years ago and now I use them for that, and cool decorations in my room.

·
Banned
263 Posts
yes they are great for that lol^^^^^^^^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts