Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to leave a review of the blue ebay loeering springs that popped up recently mine were sold by racingtouch and i picked them up for $99 in an auction. See buy it nows for 150ish. I got 2013 front struts aswell for my 2014 mk3 se hatch. They advertise .75-1" drop. After initial install and spin around the parking lot for a remeasure i noted about a 1/4" drop. 150ish miles drive last night for a short road trip. This morning i measured 1/2" drop in the dane flat parking location in my shop. Ride is surprisingly good. Very very similar ride to factory. Not bouncy firm yet soft. Mildly less body roll. Overall im replaceing these as the drop isnt as much as i expected. But had i have been happy with drop amount i would ve very hsppy with these springs. I dont quite blane them 1/2 is really close to tge advertised 3/4 but not enoigh for me after seeing them actually on the car. All in all for someone looking for 1/2"ish drop they seem to be a nice budget option

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Sounds like your looking for a 2'' drop. Checkout Eibach.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea looking at the hr sports right now. Found for $200 but are for a 2014 st wondering if these fit my 2014 se right. Seems they would from other threads ive seen

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
HR will be very stiff, hope you're ok with that.

Vogtland provides about a 1.5" drop on foci. Keeps OEM ride quality and when you want to throw it around its progressive rate goes in and stiffens up.

The eibach will be a similar story but straight line DD will be stiffer than vogtland. I suspect old gray 320i will jump in here soon with mk3 pics of how the car will sit with vogtlands.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Take it your sayibg yes to 2014 st springs on a 2014 se?
I don't think ST springs will drop your car that much, I think you'll wind up about where you're at (there was a recent thread on the ST spring drop - recently moved to this forum, too...).

If you want super stiff, I think H&R (but usually with H&Rs you need to spend $$ on quality struts), I don't know that Eibach sportlines ride harsh at all, others can weigh in; mine rides near stock on the Vogtlands.

Car:

A little e30 love, just for fun:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts