Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
why would you want to go back to stock? these look really nice, and if you DIY, then you dont get that chrome lip around the turn signal. My .02, go for some black projectors. you will be much more satisfied in the end.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Wow...those do look nice, and at a good price. I wonder is anybody using these particular lights? And I assume these would also fit a ZX5 '06....even though they only say ZX4?

No way I'm trying to take apart the stock lights for a DIY paint job. Too bad this guy doesn't list a matching tail light housing, but there could be legal issues I suppose?

·
Registered
798 Posts
don't DIY!! I destroyed a perfectly good pair of OEM lights by doing that. Buy the lights and keep your stockers. This is your best possible route

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
don't DIY!! I destroyed a perfectly good pair of OEM lights by doing that. Buy the lights and keep your stockers. This is your best possible route
what did you do...

·
Registered
798 Posts
put them in the oven @ 250 for 5 minutes to get them warm. Drivers side melted within 5 minutes and the sealing lip is warped beyond itself. The lense has a bunch of spidering too. The passenger side light completely cracked on the black housing part into two pieces when it started to cool. They are junk now and I am waiting on my new lights to come in. I think that I used a half roll of duct tape to seal the passenger side for now. You can't tell unless I open the hood. I am just using the tape to keep out as much moisture as possible and let the RVT harden. I don't trust the RTV that much so the duct tape is also hold the clear lense on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts