Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am pulling out of my driveway and I hear something. Sounded like metal was being dropped on concrete and rolling a little bit. I pull over across the street. Retrace where i pulled out, and wammo, nice sized peice of rusty metal lying on the street. Being I live in a "financial stable" townhomes with bmw and mercedes everywhere, its defenitley off my SVT. Im guess the infamous cat bracket. So here are the pics. Please let me know where this masterious peice of metal came from cause I don't know. I did look under the car and i must be missing something. But its hard to see everything when your jack sucks. Thanks for any input.

Here are the pics...Putfile.com

·
Registered
325 Posts
maybe you picked it up somewere and it just finally fell from there. Sometimes I see some pretty dangerous stuff on the roads[?]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks wd40 for thos pictures. Those pics make it pretty cut and dry. I have decided to use my aftermarket warranty. Hopefully ill get a new cat bracket or cat, sway bar end-links, and heat shield for headers. My deductible is $100. Figure money well spent since I won't be doing the work.

·
Registered
523 Posts
When my bracket went bad they replaced the whole cat.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to move to hanover, PA. that maybe the best customer service oriented ford dealership...EVER.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i'm wondering... i know my heat sheild around my cat has been rattling, but could it be the bracket as well? like doug said i too only hear it around 1800-2000 rpms...

**added**
oops sorry to thread jack you meant to reply to the CAT Bracket Replaced thread.[8]

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I promote jacking as long as it is for the benefit of all!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm kinda' hi-jacking this thread too. Well, maybe not. OrangeSVTGuy, and anyone else who may be familiar with this problem: when I'm accelerating, usually within the 1800-3000rpm range, I get a very slight, metallic sounding rattle too; actually, it's hardly a rattle. What can that be? I'm not too worried; just a little irked by the sound. Please advise...Thanks.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I promote jacking as long as it is for the benefit of all!
Okee Dokee then. [;)]

OrangeSVTguy and focalpointe.
That's exactly the same rpm range where my mystery rattling/squeaking noise was showing up.
You'll have to jack up the car and support it, then crawl underneath.
A mirror is the best way to find the crack in the upper bracket.
I couldn't feel where it was cracked, and until I got a mirror out (or you disassembled the brackets) I wasn't able to see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts