Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing for a Vac leak , I have a bunch of people ask whats a easy way to find a Vac leak , I like Smoke Testing using a Cigar , I find a Vac line going to the intake , blow 3-5 big mouthfuls ( I dont in hail lol ) into the intake manifold through a Vac line, with it dark ( smoke shows best in the dark with a light ) and with a good shop light or good flash light and look for smoke , you will be able to narrow down where the smoke is coming from with 1-2 more mouthfuls of smoke , This works very easy , quick and cheap

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm wondering where specifically on the MK3 2.0 would be good for this. Also thunk I need to send you a data log. Every time I start my car lately I feel a noticeable blip in the RPM that feels like a rough idle. I get that the car is warming up but this doesn't quite feel right to me. I was also idling one time and just felt the car shake like maybe a misfire.

My MK3 acts odd every once in a while making me think something is on its way out. Not sure if maybe a fuel pump or what. Was also a couple times after I got my new TCM where it felt like it didn't want to shift up. That hasn't happened in a long while tho. Was wondering if it was tied to the engine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can remove the Vac that goes to the EVAP and use that hole with a Vac line , Have you done the EVAP recall yet ?

Tom

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can remove the Vac that goes to the EVAP and use that hole with a Vac line , Have you done the EVAP recall yet ?

Tom
Ah you mean disconnect the purge valve and use that line? I did the recall. It was after I replaced the purge valve myself. Got the new software.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can remove the EVAP hose where it connects into the Intake or the brake booster hose same thing

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts