Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my first svt focus three months ago, i love the car! So far i have installed cold air intake, i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for my next upgrade, i dont want to spend thousands of dollars.... yet[:)] and i want to do the work myself!!! please post...

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
You could nite shade the tails and the side markers!

·
Registered
137 Posts
That would be sexy. I would think about a new sub instead of the factory 8". Keep the factory amp, and it sounds great.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
That would be sexy. I would think about a new sub instead of the factory 8". Keep the factory amp, and it sounds great.
Wait...tell me about this!!!!! What kind of sub? Just a good name 8"???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wasnt really thinking about interior and audio but i will keep them in mind. i have been thinking about a cfm 67mm throttle body and maybe a performance distributor. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
ok you can do the counterweight removal for free, it will make your shifter feel better,

udp, orp, cfm 67tb, newer plug wires and a good suspension set up

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
go with a tune, toms to be exact. BTW why does your Comp orange did not come with real Machs or EAP wheels?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Tom's tune, that's about it! Plugs and wires, if it's time. You don't need a better intake, coil or anything. The factory coil has more output than "Livewires". Generally, the factory parts are better than most aftermarket. I know of many people that have spent hundreds of dollars only to make LESS horsepower. Counter weight removal feels different, not better, just a case of personal preference. I installed a short throw shifter and I love it, I want to try a rear mount (dogbone) but I certainly don't want too much vibration! A trottle body alone, I don't think is worth it, but if you are doing more work (ORP, etc) it might be OK. All I know is the car is completely different with a tune. No more bog, hanging revs or stumbles. Also, I just got a fuel system cleaning with Terraclean and I think it works. The car drives like new, I'm not kidding! I think I'll keep her a little while longer...Good luck!

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Hey berryk123...[welcome]

And, just a note to the "respondees" in this thread:
Since this question was asked in SVT Performance Chat, please keep the suggestions in line with engine and transmission performance improvements.

We have forums for exterior, interior, and audio mods if you wish to explore those options.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Don't mess with a new coil pack, the factory one is fine....Like others have said get a tune and I would add an ORP.

Then when you are ready to spend those thousands....go with a turbo!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its just a shitty pic haha, took it with my phone.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i wasnt really thinking about interior and audio but i will keep them in mind. i have been thinking about a cfm 67mm throttle body and maybe a performance distributor. any thoughts?

Distributor? roflmao....love it...aside from me being a jackass....when you pop your hood your not going to find a distributor....good luck putting one of those on...lol....I put the msd kit on from cfm....msd coil pack and I think 8.5 or 9mm wires....I blew my #1 plug wire boot and decided to just bump up the ignition for future performance mods...if your looking to put some real power down in the future this is the way to go....sorry if I offended you....hope this helps

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^The OP asks about "easy" upgrades, and a "Turbo" is mentioned? That's probably the most difficult/expensive upgrade, guaranteed not to be easy.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Back to Easy ... get the Tune ... From someone ... Tom's tune is pretty superior but the FocusSport one isn't bad either. [cool]

The tune overall from anywhere (even the stock one from the unit) is better than what the car has as a stock tune. PLUS in the future it will grow with your car. (A PRODUCT WORTH THE FEW HUNDRED BUCKS) [thumb]

As for the other mods ... they are more fluff for a bit more out of the car ... AND I STRESS A BIT. I have lots of these mods and driven other SVTs with these other mods ... and well, it does get better here and there ... but not much.

If you are on a budget stick with the TUNE - EASY TO USE, SAVES YOU MONEY and YOU WILL ENJOY THE CAR MORE. [thumb]

-RAY-

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
The stock SVT coil pack is good for well over 300 whp so I wouldn't touch it. New wires and copper plugs might help a little though, and look good.

I was going to also suggest a short throw shifter. And I've done the rear engine mount on my (auto) zetec and didn't notice too much of a difference besides the fact that I now have massaging chairs and everything in my car rattles loudly.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Best inexpensive power mod = ORP
Best overall mod = tune (I had Tom's)
Best free mod? I wish my new car still had the shift counterweight (the supercharger required its removal)
The copper plugs Motorcraft part no. SP-463 and Taylor Thundervolts are a worthwhile upgrade, keep your stock coil pack
Throttle body is a good upgrade but gains no power, just throttle response, but I paid $150 for mine used, considered it a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright you guys have convinced me to tune my svt, now which do you guys recommend? i know many have said toms tune but what else is there?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Do not change the coil pack or wires....it is a down grade.[thumbd]

Keep OEM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts