Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bother you guys...

I am writing to tell you of an East Coast Focus meet, that me and ZX3_Chick have been putting some ideas down for. You guys are welcome to respond to that thread. It's in the Northeast Forum. We want to hear your opinions! Everyone from the East coast is invited. just got to plan it, set a date, get an event organizer, and create the schedule.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys![thumb]

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Lets meet at a location that would be exactly between Boston and Miami Beach...

Let's plan this soon enough that everyone can make plans for it...

Peace...

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
halfway between Boston, and Miami Beach, lets see, 1200 miles from Stormville NY, to New Port Richie Florida, where my granny lives, and i live 100 miles north of NYC, how far is boston from NYC?

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D'Oh! everybody is talking about VIR, huh? well i kinda hoped i wouldn't have to travel that far.

Also you can bring buddies or g/f or b/f when you come.

What do i do regarding hotel arrangements? because i'm new to this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
well im from Philly, and I'll travel say as far as North carolina..lol I love driving, took the old focus to Florida in October.. And as far as hotel arrangements, the hell with it, pull an all nighter. If you guys are serious about this, consider maybe March or after..lol Then at least I wouldnt be showing up with a bone stock car.. but nicer weather would be cool anyway!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, I think it should be halfway. Last time I went to a meet, we traveled further then everyone else (3 hours) with everyone else between 30-45 minutes. NC sounds good. I like it down there. It's one of my favorite states.

·
Registered
990 Posts
nc great idea

zx3 chick, nc is a great idea. i could actually drive squirt there as southern roads are hospitable to the car. lot better than 9 mpg towing with the beast. there are a number of groups like tar heel sports car club that run low pressure time trial days at places like lowes motor speedway who we could hook up with. also more hospitable weather than nj usually. and best of all southern hospitality, which many people raved about this past weekend. plus of course waffle houses and krispy kremes.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It's really beautiful down there. Well, I've only been to the coastal regions (Outer Banks and the year before went to Emerald Isle---outside of Morehead City). My boyfriend and I (well me) are planning to go to the mountains down there for our honeymoon in June. North Carolina is nice and I love their accents.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
well hey we have krispy kreme here in philly.lol But as for Waffle House and Southern Hospitality (or any hospitality for that matter) i dont think so! NC sounds good. Question to the forum????? Am i going to be the only person there who's car is not significantly modded? lol

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Oh it doesn't matter. It's nice to meet people off here.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
sounds good to me.. Im not a newby either, so I've probly chatted with few of u in the past. But i didnt come on for a bit n couldnt remember how i spelled my screename or password (phatphokus- or something close..lol) anyway, i'll be there and ill probly bring my lil guy with me, though i dont know how long i can take him kicking my seat driving from Philly to NC..

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my car ain't modded at all, just some tiny personalization items like a third brake light cover, door sills, carbon fiber dash kit, and a K&N air filter...

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and besides, i don't think i can go that far, how does VIR sound.

And i'll need information on how to get the officials at VIR to open the track for us. This is my first time organizing an event, and if it costs a bunch, let me know...

·
Registered
990 Posts
vir

for a place like vir, you would need to hook up w/someone like nasa or tar heel who provide many track days and provide the logistics, insurance etc. we would be part of one of there timetrial or hpde groups where there are levels for all levels of experience. i have or will have by then instructors credentials with both groups. there are other groups that run days there also. when 04 schedule is posted (after 1/04) i can let you know what dates are available. nasa's vir. regions site is www.nasaracing.net. tar heel is www.thscc.com i believe. and ashley as beautiful as the banks are wait til you see western nc. gods country. you wont believe how different it is from the coast. (i do love the coast. usually run the sportfisher down to hatteras or oregon inlet every other year.)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
well like i said be4, my car is not modded, so if it comes to time trials i wont subject myself to the laughter..ill just sit back and watch u guys..loll or i could always have my bro follw me in the corvette and we can jump in the fun.. [}:)]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've seen photographs of it and seen some things on TV. I think it looks so lovely and peaceful. I love the moutains (that's why I live in them.)

·
Registered
990 Posts
mts

i love em too but i also have a need for both speed and the water. when not racing am on boat.

·
Registered
990 Posts
nasa

well it does sound the same, except they fly on the ground. it actually stands for national auto sports association. started on the left coast and has rapidly spread. they are getting ready to overtake the scca in membership. they run the american iron series, the honda challenge and others. their biggest draw though is the hpde series, w hpde 1,2,3 and 4 classes. something for every level driver. i ran with them in june at summit point and between racers and street cars they had 400 registered participants.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts