Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a track day a few months ago and blew part of a piston ring. Luckily i was able to limp it home and it drives, just a little rough and smokey. I had it sit in my driveway for a few months and now i went to start it and it wont fire at all, no sputter or anything. so its either spark or fuel. Whats the easiest way to check if its getting fuel in the cylinders? any other thoughts are welcome. It did sit for a few months (3)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would a compression test tell you if your getting fuel? I already did one and cylinder #3 is bad.

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
To see if other Cyl are bad , One bad 25% of the engine isnt running at all , if 2 other Cyl are damaged by 50% then that another dead Cyl and a reason why it wont start cold now

A scan tool will tell you the fuel psi is the easiest way or barrow a xcal2 , 3 , 4 from some one with a Ford

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I've already have done one before i parked it, cylinder #3 was the only bad one, the rest were good. I did press the button under the passenger side foot-well for the fuel pump thinking i may be able to reset with it. Now i'm worried i have turned it off and not sure how to turn it back on. How does that button work?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Like a circuit breaker, pressed in is "On", can't turn it off by pushing on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts