Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading up on adding some sort of TACH to my 2006 ZX3 SE, and I haven't quite gotten the clear answer I was looking for.

I don't really want to add an aftermarket external TACH because that isn't the look I am going for. So, that said...I saw a mention here and there of a gauge swap...is it just that simple? Can I directly swap my overlay for another gauge overlay? Do I still need the tach driver?

How much cash should I expect to have to drop in order to add in new factory gauges and a working tach?

THANKS! [:D]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well, basically you have to get a new (used) instrument out of a focus that had the Tach. I just ordered one myself, not having a tach drives me nuts.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63935

Read that, good info. I bought mine from the same place, car-part.com tho I didnt get it for $85, more like 150. Anyway, the hitch is that the odometer goes with it. So you adopt the miles of the donated cluster. My plan is to wait to install it till my actual miles get within 100 miles of the one I bought (only about 900 miles difference), then switch it out, so it doesnt seem like that big a jump.

Read about the lights coming on too, thats a little freaky, but I figure Ill keep track of the brake fluid and should be good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts