Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Focus with manual seats and no seat air bags. I just picked up some EAP seats, front and rear, and need to know if someone has a wiring diagram for the connections? I also picked up the heated seat switches and would also like to wire those up, but the heated seat is low priority.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After more searching I turned this up posted by GrndZero. Can anyone confirm?

For the Driver seat:

svt pin 1: driver side-airbag signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 9
svt pin 2: driver side-airbag return: wire to driver seat harness pin 10
svt pin 3: not used
svt pin 4: not used
svt pin 5: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
svt pin 6: heated seats switched power: wire to driver seat harness pin 5 (green and red wire)
svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 3
svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 4
svt pin 9: powered seat-height power: wire to constant power
svt pin 10: powered seat-height ground: wire to ground
svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 5
svt pin 12: seat heaters ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8
svt pin 13: seat track position sensor signal: wire to driver seat harness pin 1
svt pin 14: seat track position sensor return: wire to driver seat harness pin 2

For the Passenger seat:

svt pin 1: passenger side-airbag signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 9
svt pin 2: passenger side-airbag return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 10
svt pin 3: seatbelt pretensioner switched power: wire to passenger
seat harness pin 5
svt pin 4: seatbelt pretensioner signal return: wire to passenger seat
harness pin 6
svt pin 5: heated seats switched power: wire to passenger seat harness pin 1 (green and blue wire)
svt pin 6: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 11
svt pin 7: seatbelt buckle sensor signal: wire to passenger seat harness pin 3
svt pin 8: seatbelt buckle sensor return: wire to passenger seat harness pin 4
svt pin 9: not used
svt pin 10: not used
svt pin 11: seat heaters switched power pass-through: jumper with svt pin 6 (red and orange wire to accy power)
svt pin 12: heated seats ground: wire to passenger seat harness pin 8(to black wires on switches)
svt pin 13: not used
svt pin 14: not used

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I think I found what I need on FJ by mjmallon.
When I get around to installing these in my 2006 ZX5 I will post up some install photos and details. My first priority is getting the car back together and the new motor broken in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dude, this is awesome and VERY useful.

I installed EAP Recaros in my ZX3 last year, and I was successfully able to install them with no airbag or seatbelt sensor issues. (I used the airbag clip from old seats and attached it to the Recaros so that it would plug in just as before. i also used seatbelt clip from old seats, again, so everything would install as they did with previous seats.)

I have not, however, wired up the power adjust nor the heat functions, and since my car wasn't equipped with these features I really don't know what to splice into, or what I need to make this work. And to be perfectly honest I ONLY care about the power adjust: this is California, I don't need heated black leather seats, lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Apologies for dragging up an old thread...but I see you put the Recaros in a 2006. I'm wondering if you or anyone else had any experience with moving over the passenger seat pressure sensor and/or the side seat airbags from the stock seats to the Recaros?

I have a 2006 wagon and am in the process of putting in some Recaros and just trying to sort this out before I start tearing about the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apologies for dragging up an old thread...but I see you put the Recaros in a 2006. I'm wondering if you or anyone else had any experience with moving over the passenger seat pressure sensor and/or the side seat airbags from the stock seats to the Recaros?

I have a 2006 wagon and am in the process of putting in some Recaros and just trying to sort this out before I start tearing about the car.

Thanks!
Yes, I ended up swapping my '06 passenger presser sensor over to the Recaro seat. Since my seats were not heated and no air bags, I also repinned the SVT connectors so I could use the heated seats.

Any questions just ask.

In the SVT seat:

I also had to add a center bracket to use the rears:

.. and one more because everyone likes pictures of turbos

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh my, that's the motherload of photos--thank you so much! I'll probably have some more intelligent questions once I start digging in but this should definitely help get me started. The pressure sensor doesn't look as bad as I thought--from the looks of it you didn't have to pull the skin from the foam, correct? I've done a couple of leather seat cover installs so I'm not afraid of hog rings, but pulling the cushion looks a lot easier...

I guess the one question I do have right now is that since my car has the side air bags, I'm wondering about strategies for dealing with it. Is it possible to replace the air bag module from an '06 w/o side air bags (if I can find one), so I'll just lose the seat air bags--or is the module tied to some sort of smart junction box? (sorry for the stupid questions--I have an electrical manual on the way. I don't even know if this car uses a SJB).

Looking through your photos it looks like the pans are pretty similar. That gives me hope that maybe these cars share some seat components and maybe the side air bags may actually be the same (or fit at least).

If anyone has any thoughts on a workaround about putting the Recaros into a car w/seat air bags I'd love to hear.

Sorry to hijack this thread--but since there are ton of "seat swap" threads, all of which I've read--I didn't want to start a new one.

Thanks!

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
I have not, however, wired up the power adjust nor the heat functions, and since my car wasn't equipped with these features I really don't know what to splice into, or what I need to make this work. And to be perfectly honest I ONLY care about the power adjust: this is California, I don't need heated black leather seats, lol.
The easiest way to do it if you havent already done so...

svt pin 9: powered seat-height power: wire to constant power
Use an add a fuse to the horn fuse, both of these functions are on the same fuse on the SVT.

svt pin 10: powered seat-height ground: wire to ground
There's a good bolt to ground to under the carpet near the seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Likely a dumb question ... but! where does the 2006 pressure switch plug into? Do you move the entire seat harness from the '06 seat into the svt seat? or simply use the wire mapping shown earlier in this thread?

here is my '06 seat bottom... seems like I have a lot of stuff going on... what do I need?

The pressure switch has three wires coming from it, one of which goes into the "black box"...

And where do you get the pin connectors? Radio Shack? Auto Parts store? Or do you snip and clip the wires together?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took everything out of the 06 pass seat (see pic): black box, the seat belt latch on the seat, the pressure pad, used the '06 connection block and used only one splice... to hook the side airbags (purple and white & black and white wires). So basically it's an '03 seat with '06 innards....

BUT!

The airbag light flashes and then stays on, does this have to be reset? will simply unhooking the battery reset the computer?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks!!! wasn't aware that they are different...

I'll swap them this weekend, but they're a bear to get to!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I believe the airbag should have been swapped from the 06 seats as it is different.
That is correct, you need to use all of the '06 SRS components (side air bags, seat belt buckles, seat position sensor, etc.) with your Recaros. I believe the air bag light can be reset only by a Ford dealer or a high end garage that has the proper software. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Changed the side airbags! No more light!

...but then the car wouldn't start... thinking PATS issue... then I thought maybe it's the clutch switch! Sure enough !! The bracket had moved maybe a quarter of an inch, bent it back and added a washer under the brake pedal arm rubber contact point... Started right up!
A couple of pictures..

I just need to find rear head rests now...

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
i'm in a similar situation where i likely need to swap my side airbags from old seat to new seat. Do you have to rip the stich out to get to the airbag on the SVT seats? or can the leather slip past the seat?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts