Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wondering what pieces I may need to swap the EAP interior into my SVTF.

I know I need this:

EAP Front Seat Backs
EAP Front Seat Buckets
EAP Front Head Rests
EAP Front Door Cards (Inserts)
EAP Rear Seat Backs
EAP Rear Seat Bottoms
EAP Rear Seat Head Rests
EAP Rear Quarter Cards (Inserts)

I think thats pretty much it... I will need New Quarter Panels though, mine are kinda junked up...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, are The 2002 SVTF's pre-wired for heated seats? I had my console out a while back and there were two connectors to the wiring harness that werent connected to anything.. Heated Seat wiring maybe?

I was curious that if i were to do the EAP and I had the heated seat backls and buckets if I could plug and play so to speak.. Ideas?

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Your going to need the center console and the buttons for the heated seats. Not sure about the 02s being pre wired. Do you already have the headlights and the wheels? Are you going to find a wrecked SVT for all this stuff, its gonna get real expensive real fast. Good luck though, PM Cayse I think he did an EAP conversion

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to do all new since this is a "Lifetime" Car for me. Its more of a restoration of the SVTF of mine. You ought to see the PM i just sent mike for part/price request. it was bananas.

No to the wheels and headlights. I like the Mach's but Not for me, I like my simple black ones.

I detailed a 2002 Sonic Blue SVTF w/ Bule Interior and it had heated seats, and thats why I wonder if mine is pre-wired...one way to find out, look for the Fuse!!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Yeah, it could be for all I know, good luck on the build! If mine was a lifetome car I'd probably do the same thing. Did you think about some ST170 headlights, they look awesome on silver cars

·
Registered
972 Posts
good luck finding all those parts, they are extremely hard to come by. N not to mention the dent they will make in your wallet, imo I would sell your SVT and just pick up the EAP

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
I've been hearing that all SVTs have the heated seat wiring, but I don't know for sure. My car came with the winter package so I already had the buttons, heated seats and wiring working. I just had to swap out the seats and plug them in.

You won't have an easy time just swapping the leather inserts. You'll need to get the complete door cards and quarter cards if you want it to be like new.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good luck finding all those parts, they are extremely hard to come by. N not to mention the dent they will make in your wallet, imo I would sell your SVT and just pick up the EAP
well, thats the thing, this is MY car. Its a bond. I'm sure I could find an EAP car somewhere, but me and this car have been thru so much stuff, wrecks, sex in the back and yada yada.. its the memories.. I want the car to be my living memory, not just a memory with sub folders ya know?

You won't have an easy time just swapping the leather inserts. You'll need to get the complete door cards and quarter cards if you want it to be like new.
What do you mean? I cant just buy the side insert? or do i need the whole door panel? im talkin about the actual card as in the entire piece...

I like them, but i want it to be all US spec. weird eh? I'm actin like this is a classic car.. oh, do you want me to mention the paint job I'm going after? Lets just say I want to replicate a Mystichrome Cobra with this car... and I'm weighing the options w/ Chrome SVT Wheels, EAP wheels, or rollin the shit out of the fenders for a 17x8 Cobra replica in 4x108 [headbang]

·
Registered
972 Posts
no I feel ya, I can't break from mine either, I was just sayin I don't know where your gonna find all the parts, keep us updated

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Mike can get them all Brand New, but like said before, my wallet is gonna hurt like a MOFO. also, are the EAP door panels and quarters completely different colored or just the cards?

I may bail on this if its too bad...

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
The black perforated leather-wrapped inserts in the interior are not separate pieces; you need to replace the entire doorpanel and the entire back seat panel. If by some miracle you DO find the inserts by themselves, you will have a hell of a time trying to swap them while still looking like new.

As for the color, the panels themselves are the same... only the inserts are different.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
hmmmm, this may be interesting. I do need new rear panels, I took them out once and it wasnt too pretty.
Yeah, removing the rear interior panels (the ones beside the rear bench) is a PITA. Its easier if you remove the parts of the rear seat bench first. You'll need to take out the two push pins holding the back of back of the panel in place, then stick your arm behind the panel and push UP to dislodge the three pressure clips on the top, then take a screwdriver and carefully wedge it between the panel and the door seal to get the other pressure clips to pop.

Should you break off any of the plastic parts that attach the panel to the pressure clips, just go buy some epoxy and glue them back on. Its easy enough to see where they go. I had to glue just about all of them back on the first time I did this, lol[thumb]

·
Registered
982 Posts
The rear panels come out much eaiser if you remove the B pillar trim first.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, removing the rear interior panels (the ones beside the rear bench) is a PITA. Its easier if you remove the parts of the rear seat bench first. You'll need to take out the two push pins holding the back of back of the panel in place, then stick your arm behind the panel and push UP to dislodge the three pressure clips on the top, then take a screwdriver and carefully wedge it between the panel and the door seal to get the other pressure clips to pop.

Should you break off any of the plastic parts that attach the panel to the pressure clips, just go buy some epoxy and glue them back on. Its easy enough to see where they go. I had to glue just about all of them back on the first time I did this, lol[thumb]
all of them. broken. i trook the back seats out first, and b-pillars (need them too) and had no rear interior for a while.

i had a leak somewhere and couldnt find it and as soon as i took the interior out, it stopped raining (just my luck eh?)

but anyways, i broke them lil b-tards...[hatchet]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts