Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have had the 17"EAP rims sitting in my dining room, waiting on tax return for tires and some other upgrades.
I want to put them on but something just bugs the tar out of me. I would hate to put them on and look like a tool because I dont drive an SVT , yet the tims center cap says SVT. I just dont want to be in the same class of kids that wear Type-R on the side of the ex civic.
Is there a way to remove the center cap and replace it? If so how and where do I go to find a cap? Also if you know I was going to put 215/45/17, that is the best size for that rim? I am not lowered yet and I dont plan on slammin it down.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes. i can get you the Ford Racing centers, PM me.........

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I just kept mine as is... I also have the blue cloth/leather SVT seats... but they don't say SVT, so only people "in the know" would recognize them as such! I don't think it's as bad as big TypeR badges... the centers are pretty subtle. Ford Racing ones might be cool too, though.

I think mine are mounted on that size tire. I like them, they aren't too rubber-band, but they fit nice in my wheel wells (I am lowered on Eibach Pros, so about 1.5" lower than stock, not huge). I have burst two tires (one on two different occasions). But what killed them each time was pretty substantial road crap, so I'm not sure any width tire would've survived, honestly! And that's 2 tire deaths in over 4 years... not terrible, I guess.

·
2,272 Posts
it's just the brand of the wheel. Most wheels come with such center caps. It doesn't mean you are trying to say you are driving an SVT. Just like I'm not trying to say I drive a Rota or an O.Z. Focus. I'd say leave them on [thumb]

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
^^^exactly. leaving a center cap on a wheel isn't the same as going out of your way to place an emblem on a car. it's not all that bad and anyone that gives you a hard time for THAT is a tool.

Reactions: Spider

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I agree with the others, its a subtle badge. If you were to get a big vinyl banner to go across the side of the car that said SVT, then yes, you would deserve to be mocked. I have a focus RS shift knob, but I am not trying to say I drive an RS, I just like the rs shifter better.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You could always pop them out and paint them black.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it , only way someone would notice is if you said something about them in the first place ...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Just get pieces of black vinyl from a local sign shop and cover them. Cheap and solves your problem if it's that much of a bother.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. SVT stands for Special Vehicle Team, in which the wheels were named. I think I would prefer SVT than even Ford Racing... IMHO.

You could probably even find "SPI" as a replacement...

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
He is correct on that also, theyre the same wheel^^^^

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
SVT Focus never had 16" rims. Yours must be Contour wheels?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow thanks for the input everybody. work has been insane so I havent been able to reply. I am probably going to keep them in and install them when I get my return. if I get a bunch of crap from honda boys or guys with an SVT I will try to customize them to say SPI or something.Thanks b16sir1991 for the hook up with the caps. I will be hitting you up for a new suspension. I had my car worked on after the wreck and should be getting some money soon. You dont by chance have the black piece that covers the cabin air filter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts