Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you guys can help me out with this. So I replaced my old spark plugs last week with E3 diamondfire spark plugs and they were pre-adjusted for my car (you can't really adjust the fact size anyways). After driving got a little I noticed that the engine was less responsive as before with these new plugs.

Today I checked them and they looked pretty bad for brand new spark plugs. I'm not sure if it's normal it not.

What do you guys think? Let me know if you've tried the E3 spark plugs on your car and how it turned out for you. (The E3 plug is the one with the weird head)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Blocking of the actual spark from the space surrounding the plug by all that metal in the way.
I would NEVER think those plugs were any good.

So the ignition of the fuel/air mix is seriously screwed by all that solid metal in the way. You might seriously jack up your engine with those POS.

I would THROW THEM AWAY., and just buy normal Motorcraft plugs.

·
Trump 2016
12,934 Posts
OEM plugs are designed for your engine. Changing with different plugs will give diffent effects. Not going to gain anything from aftermarket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I changed the plugs and put back the old ones and the engine felt a lot more responsive. The E3 spark plugs definately is shitty in my car.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm pretty sure Tom dyno tested a few different plugs awhile back and the OEM ones were the best. i'd just buy some motorcraft plugs and call it a day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought some motorcraft iridium spark plugs and the gaming on them were too small. They were suppose to be pre-gapped but they measured around .025 and they need to be. 035. So I returned them.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I bought some motorcraft iridium spark plugs and the gaming on them were too small. They were suppose to be pre-gapped but they measured around .025 and they need to be. 035. So I returned them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using FF Mobile
Never trust pre-gapped spark plugs. Check them and set the gap yourself. No need to return them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
mostly you dont want to bend the center electrode when they are a fine wire just adjust the side ground. if you want an improvement open them up to about .045 or .050 gap but youll have to check them every year or 2

·
Registered
15,428 Posts
So young, so...............gullible.

There is nothing wrong there other than the E3 plug which is utter garbage. I used to sell them...................and then take them back when they ran like crap. Over, and over, and over, an................

There are pre-gapped plugs BUT, are they pre-gapped for YOUR application????

Commonly no, and where on earth do you people get the idea that a plug will be gapped for your particular engine????

It's stupid.

They pre-gap ONLY in one gap width and to the most common applications of the plug ONLY, all the others that do not use that gap MUST be gapped to your needed number.

You ALWAYS check the gap of EVERY plug, you have no idea of how many of them have been dropped on floor to alter it.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Other then the weird stuff, the plugs looked fine...I have experimented with splitfire and many other brands...oem ran best or brands like NGK, Denso and a few others mostly for colder range plugs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts