Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was just wondering if the E-Brake is adjustable at all. It works a little, but it's not working as good as it should. I just drove my buddies zx5 and was amazed at how good the E-Brake felt compared to mine.

Any help would be awesome! [:p]

-Matt

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the cable can stretch, so sometimes you have to adjust it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
On my '06 I had to remove the center consul to do the adjustment. The lever should pull up about 5-6 clicks before it gets tight.

To be safe.....lift the rear wheels in the air. Both wheels should spin freely with no drag, with the E-Brake off.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If you did a search on "parking brake adjustment" you'd fine lots of info. In short, there is an adjustment bolt next to the brake lever that can loosen and tighten tension on the parking brake cable. The center consul/arm rest needs to be removed to gain access to the adjustment bolt.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay! Thank you guys for the advice! I'll be making that adjustment asap!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stupid question guys....how do you remove the center counsel to get to the ebrake adjustment?

i did my research and I can't seem to find it on here...thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Take the screws out from under the cupholders and there is one in the back that has a cap on in. you also need to remove the center armrest if you have one. pull the plastic piece off the back, and remove the two screws and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just fixed it last night....it was probably the easiest adjustment i have ever made on my fofo...my ebrake is working wonders now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts