Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was surfing through ebay and found this universal turbo kit. its a t3/t4 flange w/ v clamps. if i bought a good tune from tom and ordered the SPA manifold and all the other stuff would this kit be safe?

E-bay uni-turbo kit

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those universal kits are junk! The turbo will either leak oil or just destroy itself. Plus usually the pipe in those kits are poor quality pieces. Usually the intercoolers will bust at the cheap welds.

Like it says in your sig:

-----Doing it right the first time!-----

Spend the money for a good turbo, intercooler, etc.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
There is nothign universal about the "universal ebay turbo kits" because they fit nothing to start with , it is a pile of piping that you have to cut and weld to make fit , a turbo that is worse then junk and hoses that I wouldnt use on a NA engine there is a TON of things not even there , like

Down pipe
waste gate down pipe
MAFia
Injectors
Oil lines fittings etc

Stay away from that , if you going to do a turbo kit do my DIY kit it comes with the piping that fits , both down pipes , spa manifold ,intercooler all the hard to do part of a turbo kit then all you have to do is the easy to buy stuff

Tom

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah this kit would be perfect if you would like to modify 99.9% of this kit and spend double or maybe triple.... sorry to burst you bubble [dunno]

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured it was too good to be true! thanks for the advice guys, i was just checking how legit it really was. i see that it is pretty much just a pile of junk! LOL

p.s. - i am officialy saving for your kit Tom!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Like the saying goes you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
^^^ run away is right! [thumb]

my friend baught a universal turbo for his 'stang and got to the point where he just ripped it out and lost 700 bucks! he ran into so many problems it was rediculas...you are better off just spending the money and buying a turbo that is built for the focus and one that is of quality - something that ebay can't offer...just my $.02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts