Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have confidence Tom will get me close to where I want to be however I would like to get it dynotuned.

Anyone know of a local (portland to just north of seattle) shop that will dynotune the focus?

·
Registered
293 Posts
VIP performance chris he is tuning matts tubo focus right now. has a really nice dyno too.

·
Registered
293 Posts
portland oregon i helped the owner open/move into that shop when he first started years ago.

·
Registered
293 Posts
n/a tuning is only like 250 i think turbo setups are 600

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The Mustang Shop in Auburn.

You're N/A correct Chris?

You can call Rich at RichTuned in Auburn as well. But he doesn't do any ECU stuff with our cars the last time I was there a little over a year ago. But, he'd be glad to do a a baseline dyno for you. I think that he charges $40.00 for 3 pulls. Tell him that Vince with the Focus told you to see him.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I need to fix an oil leak first and get the tuning a bit more dialed in. The car acts like it has a vacuum leak but I know for a fact it doesnt and it leaks oil either from the rear main or pan. This week I am going to replace the pcv (possibly creating too much pressure causing oil to leak) and replacing the pan with a new one. Hopefully that fixes things.

I have called a few places and most arent willing to touch the focus because of the sct software. Or they will tune it if you had had them build the motor.

·
Registered
293 Posts
vip performance or PRE in oregon will do it both have had expirence with the sct xcal tuner. both have done turbo focus's

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
I have had many customers say the same thing and they want it dyno tuned , when I finish there tune they go to the dyno and the tuner tells them tht there tune is as good as they can do
Give me a chance to finish your tune and then go to a dyno

The remote process of tuning your Focus is the same exact way of tuning it if it was sitting on my dyno and I was tuning it

Tom

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Tom, it wasn't meant to offend you at all because I really do appreciate your service very much. I work graveyards so I end up sleeping most of the day. Also, with the weather turning to ice and snow... it is becoming a bit difficult for me to get you datalogs in a timely manner.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Get tom on a Saturday on the dyno. Perfect storm. It's how I roll.

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
Yes I do that as well , set up a time with me dedicated to your tuning and we can finish your tune much quicker or why your on the dyno I can remote into your laptop and see the logs and make the changes just like I was there with you

Tom

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well that sounds really awesome! Although we will probably be mostly finished tuning by the time I get a Saturday free from work and family constraints.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i cant wait to see dyno numbers

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tom and I are getting close on the tuning. Once again crappy weather and a really busy work schedule hinder me in getting the logs done. Feels like it makes some good power but who knows. Similar builds usually get to ~200whp and ~165 tq.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts