Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Last night Me And Dragon Went to See Joe Morgan, Many Of you May Know him, Well anyway We went to his shop and Dynoed Both of our cars !!
Here are the results......

ztecpower's (Troy) Mods : Intake/Header/Exhaust/Chip --- 2.0 Zetec ATX

Dragon's (Scott) Mods: Intake/Cams/Header/Exhaust --- 2.3 Duratec ATX

Scott Pulled Some Good #'s !!!!!

However, I Sucked [:(] But I've Talked to A couple of vendors about it, and with my mods A Zetec ATX Should be Right where it's at [:0] But Oh well Maybe the turbo I'm gonna put on will show some nice #'s [}:)]

Troy. [thumb]

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
wow, i would expect a bit more hp with those mods, i have almost the same except the tune and complete exhaust, then suck! probably doing way less. Anyways, sweet ride!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been informed That We should have run them In 3rd Gear to obtain the correct reading...... The only way to get the car to stay in 3rd gear is to get a tune that LOCKS 3rd gear... So As soon as I do that then I'll Post up more !!

Troy.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Nice numbers. When I got my car dynoed, they couldn't utilize the '3rd gear lock' function for my X-Cal2, so they had the car in second with overdrive on, then ran my car from 2500 rpms. Way to represent the ATX. Both of you have very nice looking Sedans [thumb]

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
wow i knew that autos were a little slower than manuals but that i didnt know that it would be that low. oh well, maybe the numbers dont show how fast you can go.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ztecpower said:
I've been informed That We should have run them In 3rd Gear to obtain the correct reading...... The only way to get the car to stay in 3rd gear is to get a tune that LOCKS 3rd gear... So As soon as I do that then I'll Post up more !!

Troy.

hmmm then with my cams adjusted and the tune in I should be able to crack 150 ?

damn I need some boost.......

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
the numbers are right on target for the zetec atx
get with cam gears on...you should expect to see arrounf 117 -120 @ wheels

mine has 115 @ wheels before tunning...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Respectable numbers.

Try and Dragon... I don't know if this matters to you two or not.... but I could care less how fast your cars are..... they look BEAUTIFUL, and are very well crafted....

Truley Inspirational....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Matt, **e-Tear** I really appreciate comment's like that ! You gotta get out of WI and come to the SUN in CA!!! COme down and visit sometime You'll have a place to stay !!

I kinda want the Double threat Focus ya know ?? I'll be going turbo as soon as Ricardo Gets the kit in order, I'll be the Automatic Tester Car Running at 8psi Of boost, THEN I'll Dyno her and Have some Dragon Meat For Breakfast LOL !!
J/K Scott !!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
man i was hoping to see better numbers...i guess ill just have to make due until i can afford a Z....

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I thought a stock ATX zetec was aroung 100whp. I was hoping for more than a 6 hp increase from intake, exhaust, header and a tune. Oh well, us ATX'ers suffer together....any way, the car looks great.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I have'nt been to a dyno but doing some math with my 1/4 mile time put me at about 128hp at the wheels though I do have a MTX. I still can't believe that the atuo sucks that much power simply amazing. Imagine what numbers you would have had if you had the A/C on lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
wow, so a stock zetec will only put around 100hp and 100 tq at the wheel?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
ztecpower said:
Thanks Matt, **e-Tear** I really appreciate comment's like that ! You gotta get out of WI and come to the SUN in CA!!! COme down and visit sometime You'll have a place to stay !!

I kinda want the Double threat Focus ya know ?? I'll be going turbo as soon as Ricardo Gets the kit in order, I'll be the Automatic Tester Car Running at 8psi Of boost, THEN I'll Dyno her and Have some Dragon Meat For Breakfast LOL !!
J/K Scott !!
Thanks for the kind offer... Maybe for next year's FOTB I could make the trip out.... My fiancee has to go to Cali for business meetings every 7 weeks, so why not me too, right? hehe.

Keep me posted about the Turbo kit.... I'm looking for FI options for my ATX 01 SE Sedan as well.

Woot.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
mine feel like less miss the 2.3 relly bad got to get some boost

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I swear it feels like more in my automatic 2001 zx3....

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
you have to also remember that each Zetec motor put out difffernt hp and tq because of our cam timming is off from the foactory some are better than others my new /used motor has a different power band feel than my old motor did so cam timming varies greatly from motor to motor cam gears are the best investment you can make can't wait to get mine on and tuned.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^^Really? Wow...I never heard of our timing being off from the factory. I'm thinking mine is pretty close to where it belongs, because my MG has about 115-120 hp and a four speed, and my Focus feels like it would walk all over it....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never had my Focus dyno'd, but I'm wondering if you got a Mustang dyno or a Dynojet dyno? Mustang dynos tend show lower numbers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts