Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I dynoed the car the other day and received some bitter sweet results:
Sweet because I got (HP wise) what I was expecting.
Bitter because It had alot more potential.

You see it climbs like a beast until 5500 rpm but then practically flatlines until 7100.
My best guess at this would be that the tuner Juan did this as a safety feature, and to let me know that the kit has much more potential than I thought it did. I believe that with internals, and a reflash for that extra power it would be able to climb pretty far pretty fast.

I went to the FS website to kinda compare the dynos, and figured out that theirs show that the power climbs all the way to 7100 but around the same hp output. can any explain this better?

·
FF Affiliate
30,987 Posts
I can your turbo is bigger and the waste gate comes on and holds the boost at the set psi this means the turbo has a lot more room

Love to see the dyno

Tom

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
SCHWEET! You coming out to the races on the 11th?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blkZX32005 said:
SCHWEET! You coming out to the races on the 11th?
yup but my clutch slips occasionally

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first post edited

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Wow, that's amazing, I can see that there is room for improvement, if wanted. Upgrade your internals when you can.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
wow very impressive numbers

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
hey man, pull up and hang out with us this friday.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have read about this and it looks like it was put there as a safety precaution. Juan told me he had to "de-tune" it therefore dropping the hp significantly.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Onyx flash said:

You see it climbs like a beast until 5500 rpm but then practically flatlines until 7100.
My best guess at this would be that the tuner Juan did this as a safety feature, and to let me know that the kit has much more potential than I thought it did.
Why would a good tuner make a tune so safe/conservative that you don't make power above 5500 rpms ?
Not saying hi-boost is bad at tuning but has me question why your tune wasn't optimized to peak rpms as the rpms climb like most FI tunes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Dynoed the Hiboost!!!

microtonal said:
Why would a good tuner make a tune so safe/conservative that you don't make power above 5500 rpms ?
Not saying hi-boost is bad at tuning but has me question why your tune wasn't optimized to peak rpms as the rpms climb like most FI tunes.
well for starters
(1) this kit was first tuned when I had the stock exhaust, and second cat still on the car. I'm sure 8psi on stock exhaust raises engine temps pretty high and therefore more chances for detonation.
(2)This dyno gives the kit no justice being that the smoothing on it was at zero.
(3) truthfully it was a $60 dyno just to see where I was around. These guys just got the dyno in December and still need more experience.
(4) The adding of the 3" exhaust, and the rise of the boost are variables that change the output of the engine.
And Finally (5) This dyno was done in 4th gear vice 3rd. Dynoing in 4th sounded kinda iffy to me at first and then found out that the engine gets alot hotter in 4th, and yes 4th is a really long gear it took to to around 140mph or so.

·
FF Affiliate
30,987 Posts
That tune SUCKS it has major issues, im not sure who does there tuning but you need to get another one , and here i am telling other to look into this kit

Contact them and get that fixed , that just plain looks like crap , your larger Exh isnt causing this a poor tune is , did you contact them with this and have them look at it

Tom

·
Registered
135 Posts
AS long as he dont blow his motor even a crapy tune thats puts down 224 hp on stock internals is great tune. Onix are you using cam gears, what was your timing set at ?

·
FF Affiliate
30,987 Posts
I agree 240+HP is great, But he paid good money for this and im sure he wants it right and if im going to back them there going to have to do better then that on a tune

Tom

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no not using any cam gears, just stock

1 - 20 of 30 Posts