Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dyno'd my SVT yesterday the 26. It totally blew me away. I was expecting like between 130-140 hp and roughly the same torque wise, but nope. hahaha it was great, anyway heres what i put down, i would put up s sheet but i have no scanner, anyone got a scanner and want to scan it in for me....

A/F ran roughly 13:1 during all three pulls, i was told that was good but the guy runnin the dyno, maybe others don't think so, so let me know.

150.96 Hp @ 6,400 RPM give or take
156.** Tq @ [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* RPM forgot that number, and the sheet is in my backpack

Anyway i was thrown away, probably expected numbers to most but not to me. Mods list is the signature.

Andrew

·
Registered
698 Posts
What kind of dyno was it?

That is some good numbers. Torque is way up there for some reason. I am used to seeing it lower then the hp.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winpep i believe was at the top of the dyno sheet, the torque number was a 4th gear pull....the two other 3rd gear pulls were i believe, even with the hp...

Andrew

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well I thought maybe the dyno could read a little high on the torque cause I know some dynos can read lower and higher. I have never heard of Winpep though, so I know nothing about that.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
^claimed by Ford the stock hp and tq at the crank was 170bhp and 145 ft lbs of tq.

I agree with everyone else, your tq seems way too high. It should be ~129-133 ft lbs.

FWD vehicles usually have around a 15% drivetrain loss from the crank to the wheels.

Winpep is just the name of the program on the computer that Dynojet uses to display the dyno results. http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/software.aspx
so.. it was a Dynojet...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the problem guys..... I will try to take a picture of it to show you guys. What it was, was the rain on my tires, they slipped a bit and sent torque that high, Now that i have actually looked in depth at the dyno sheet, i can't see an actually torque number, my tires spun on all runs....

sorry for the mix up guys....

Andrew

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It appears to be right where Speed said it would be but no actual numbers to back it up.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Your HP was right on par with my car pre turbo,

·
Registered
183 Posts
from what i've heard i think that A/F ratio is a little high, shouldn't it be in the 11s or 12s for an svt

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
13:1 at WOT is sorta lean.... you should contact tom and tell him so he can update your tune.

Nice numbers... and I have seen a couple of other SVT's make that kind of TQ.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
13:1 at WOT is sorta lean.... you should contact tom and tell him so he can update your tune.

Are you sure about that, remember he is NA, my pre turbo dyno was about 14-14.2:1

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you sure about that, remember he is NA, my pre turbo dyno was about 14-14.2:1
The engine needs the most fuel when it's accelerating/with a heavy load. so 13 sounds right. Boosted cars range from mid 11-12.5 under load. More air=more fuel

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yeah i am messaging now to ask about that and the fact that every now and then since i got the tune my car runs so lean at idle, it getts a lean missfire. I'm only assuming its a lean miss cuz my A/F guage is so far lean i can barely see it haha....its not constant though, just here and there at a light or stop sign....

Andrew

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
I like to see NA engines in the 12.8 /12.9 range

If I could see the dyno I could adjust it for you

If you are lean at idle then you have something not working right , the closed loop fuel adjust the fuel +/- 25% all by it self , get me a log of the short turm fuel trim , rpm , maf and let me see what it shows and we can cure the lean condition

Tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts