·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have to say is thanks to Tom for getting the cams right. [thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
As sick as you have been Blane, it looked like you felt better after that, lol.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn right. Getting me up there with a lot of the SVT's. Kinda makes me giggly. haha

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Blane.....I have met you, i dont see you as "giggly", lol. Very cool guy though, it was nice to meet ya finally.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant giggly in a devilish sorta way. lol

Great meeting you too. Next time I'll show up on time!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I hope so, you missed a good breakfast.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FC header, bosal flex, borla catback, 2k manifold, fr2 cams, udp, UR cam gears, FCTB, XCal2 and the mac lower mount.

Headwork is being done by Mike (b16sir1991) on my spare head, so with 11:1 compression I think it should go up nicely.

I'm thinking that I might be able to get more if I can get a better tune. Don't know how well it does right now but everything feels fine. Would like to get an A/F graph the next time I go to the dyno.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Your numbers are low for your mods, not much though. You should be about 140/140. I would really like to see the a/f curve.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did notice that I have a header collector leak on the way down. I also have a tiny leak in my intake manifold which should be fixed soon. If that doesn't fix the numbers then it's definitely in the tune.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had it off for a while now. I was going through way too many bottles per weekend. I haven't been to the track in a long time and I take it off in between track days. While down there I kept saying "I should have brought the bottle.. I should have brought the bottle." Would have been nice to see the numbers on a 75 shot with my nitrous tune.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL

With just intake, shorty, catback, pulley and a 55 shot it was a blast. Felt like that's the way it should have been built. I'm going to replace my clutch with an ACT before I put the kit back on.

With all that and the nitrous I'll probably pee my pants from excitement.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OT but have you guys sprayed on the PW yet?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PM coming.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Im surprised you didnt get an A/F curve on your dyno. Did Tom update the tune or just dial in the cams?

I agree, you should be in the 140 range, I dynoed 140 when I was N/A with all the bolt'ons (with the Y2K manifold) but without cams.....

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yeah i thoguht 130 would be ok w/ jsut cams, but cams and all bolt ons should be higher

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Didn't check the tune. We just dialed in the cams. I have some problems with my intake manifold so that could be causing it to drop slightly. Hopefully Clint is going to start selling manifolds that'll work on NA focus' too. He's the one who made 03OrangeSVT manifold. I'd rather not go with a composite manifold again, but Mike suggested trying the SVT manifold.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how it is. There's a dyno here in town so I'll see if they can get me on and get some A/F curves.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts