Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes guys my car was the test vehicle we did multiple runs with every setup and made sure the engine temps were the same each run. i know my exhaust could be larger but not gonna really make more then a 4 hp difference. i know my torque is low this is most likely due to my wheels im running fifteen52 turbomacs with 235/40/18 tires they weigh around 26 lbs each very heavy and much larger diameter then the oem 17" wheels. my brother sees the same fluctuation in hp on his 15 mustang when he goes from his 17" drag radials to his 20" show wheels he has seen as much as 10hp difference and 15-20 tq difference in the car.
im running toms 3" intake on stock manifold and love the results it looks good, performs well on the dyno smooths out a few valleys and ripples in the hp and tq curves no huge gain but smoother lines. tom will agree what we saw with his intake which is why he will move forward with it i still gotta do a datalog with him to see if heat soak has any affect.

·
Registered
534 Posts
yes guys my car was the test vehicle we did multiple runs with every setup and made sure the engine temps were the same each run. i know my exhaust could be larger but not gonna really make more then a 4 hp difference. i know my torque is low this is most likely due to my wheels im running fifteen52 turbomacs with 235/40/18 tires they weigh around 26 lbs each very heavy and much larger diameter then the oem 17" wheels. my brother sees the same fluctuation in hp on his 15 mustang when he goes from his 17" drag radials to his 20" show wheels he has seen as much as 10hp difference and 15-20 tq difference in the car.
im running toms 3" intake on stock manifold and love the results it looks good, performs well on the dyno smooths out a few valleys and ripples in the hp and tq curves no huge gain but smoother lines. tom will agree what we saw with his intake which is why he will move forward with it i still gotta do a datalog with him to see if heat soak has any affect.
Thanks for taking the time to do all that testing.
Honestly after reading through it all it's made me decide to not do anymore to the car.
I took the Venturi out of the 3inch exhaust and swapped one of the mufflers out for a magnaflow to quiet it down.
Tom was looking at the datalog and it is still showing a torque drop off.
It's deflated me.
I have mostly all bolt ons and the tune.
I'll just keep this thing a commute car and when the motor/ trans blows on it I may do power train swap or junk it.
The new WRX will be the fun tinker car.

Still so happy you and Tom were able to do all this testing. I appreciate it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
it was a good trip and who knows maybe down the road a intake will made that makes gains for the car na or another company will knock off esslinger cam specs and produce them cheaper for us. who knows maybe some port work and larger valves in the head might see some gains also stroker kits once someone works out the tuning could make good power numbers. i enjoy my car regardless actually lowered it last week to improve handling.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts