br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
very nice. time for cams and MOAR REVS

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Good results!
+14.3hp on top & -16.3tq
what you gave up down low you picked up on top, which is what you wanted.
overall its a nice and mostly linear power and torque curve.

·
Registered
575 Posts
sweet! very smooth power.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Hey those metal shavings did the trick [bootyshak

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
So there isnt anything you can do to the knock off IM to get the torque back?

More cleaning? better smoothing? polishing or anything? or is just how it is and nothing will help it?

I actually would prefer bottom end over top.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the mid range torque still looks pretty damn good, made more then I did with a cai, tune, and F2 header. This graph is FS Werks stage 2 dyno of before (NA mods) and after turbo install.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im going to try to clean it up more, but dont think theres any thing i can do about the tq. 2.3 motor in the spring with same bolt on's should help the tq i think..

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
So is the yellow the original and the blue is after the manifold? Ass-ton of torque stock if so.

·
Registered
582 Posts
happy, how bout some driving feel and experience? how does it sound and feel? do you really feel the loss of tq down low? does overall acceleration feel improved?
i bet i am not the only one who would like to see a detailed write up of the intake prep process stickied!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
So wait, your '10 made 150 whp with bolt ons? Amazing!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I need so bad the tune I have this im but with out the tune :(
Posted via FF Mobile

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
happyhand's is the only 05-07 2.0 ive seen get into the 150's with boltons, most struggle to reach 140. While the old dyno seemed a bit high, the new one seems spot on. i doubt there was that much torque loss

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can feel the tq lose. ALso can feel the gain alot up top. The Im hasnt hurt my DDing either. The motor sound is great, deff. when i hit the power band. You can here the car come alive. Im getting back on the dyno in a couple of weeks to clean the graph up some more. We dont think theres more peak hp, but maybe some more mid tq and hp still to get. I dont think the car will be qicker in the quater or eighth, but since im in high rpms for a longer time at Maxton i think it will help. Well hope it does.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'd be upset with those results, personally. The manifold might perform better on a turbo car.
I just don't think that small gain from 6k-7k RPM will make up for the huge loss across the rest of the power band.
I'm betting your car is now slower. Not being a hater.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No, his car will be faster in the maxton mile, in which he is building it for. He should be able to get through the ungodly long 4th gear a bit faster now. Add a small shot a of nitrous and his car will be flying like bewinkles's car

1 - 20 of 24 Posts