Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2003 focus ZX3 5spd dyno tuned buy a guy here in jacksonville today, here is what I got 179.8whp and 160.5wtq, and this is what is done to the car, the internal motor and tranny are stock, JRSC with 2.3" pulley, FC 65mm TB, pro-m 70mm MAF, 42lbs injectors, relocated ACT, Focus sport air intake, focus sport plug wires with denso plugs, FC race header with flex pipe, borla cat back exhaust, and custom computer tuning. I was fairly happy with the results considering the JR isnt that powerful.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be glad to as soon as I have access to a scaner, hopefully tomarrow or the next day.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
nice, usually with those mods you see 176-179...not bad for the m45, bet she pulls pretty nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the dyno sheet he listed it as a vortech but it has a JRSC

·
Registered
845 Posts
So, where's the low end power associated with superchargers? I have more low end torque than you (until about 3000 rpms...lol). It's a nice looking horsepower dyno, but the low end torque confuses me. I thought it would have started as a higher #, increased to about 4500 - 5000 rpms, then start to drop a little toward the rev limiter. Is it because of air temperature maybe?

BTW: This is probably the first dyno pull I've seen start from idle instead of around 2500 rpm. I don't know how that would affect the #s if it affects them at all.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the guy is getting me one more final tune, as you stated to correct the Air fuel. It was rainy and and in the 70's when this was dynoed

·
Registered
137 Posts
okay 2 questions what do you mean by relocated ACT and can a head package be added to this and will it work and benefit the supercharger?

nice numbers by the way.[thumb]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Relocated Air charge temp sensor, took the correct wires out of the MAF where it was orginaly and used a sensor out of a 2000 GT mustang with harness and connected it to the two wires out of the MAF, they are wires 1 and 6 on the MAF, I think it would also benefit with a head package and proper tuning, that is next on for my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts