Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post 'em up

Just had my 02 (38,000 miles) - only mod is the MSD Blaster Coil/Cu Plus .064/MSD Wires
95 degress, 29.19 in-Hg, 18% Humidity
145.52 hp / 127.08 tq

Am happy for basically a stock car....

Wayne??? Where's my stuff. LOL

·
Registered
411 Posts
Isn't that MSd coil and stuff run like $300?? Did you even notice a difference after putting it on?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would love to see a dyno with the MSD vs Stock. I have heard there is no difference but alot of people who have the MSDs say the response is better and such. I might opt for one if my third OEM coil pack dies. The MSD unit looks much better from a quality perspective.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the MSD. I didnt notice anything magical happen, but it looks better and its not quite prone to be a POS like the ford OEM unit. I also dont have my gaps opened to .064 - Im FI so were talking .032

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yes if I loose another pack the high quality MSD is going in!!!

I wonder if opening the gap on NA with the MSD would improve response and or a few HP? Prob not..

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
a coil isn't going to give a noticable gain on an NA 4 cylinder, but for drivability and cold starts the coil/plug set was an awesome deal.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
response isn't measured on a dyno though, the car feels faster because it responds more quickly to your foot hitting the pedal, but there's minimal if any power gain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSD ignition smoothed out the idle incredibly, and throttle response feels much better.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
will i feel much better about my 160 whp and 142 lbs, took a lot of time and money to get that

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yea but add a udp pulley kit and everything else is usless in our cars, i had some dink sponsor on the jet break it down for me like i was a kid.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i guess im special then. i got a diablo flash, itg filter, cfm highflow and a borla center exit exhaust and only got 143whp

·
Registered
524 Posts
blkthunder said:
i guess im special then. i got a diablo flash, itg filter, cfm highflow and a borla center exit exhaust and only got 143whp
Did you dyno the car in Colorado Springs? The elevation there will explain the problem.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yes i did, however, uncorrected dyno results were about 111whp... and similar torque. :) anyone wanna race. that huffy is no joke!

·
Registered
78 Posts
^wow...those are low hp/tq numbers. I'm in Colorado, too. I SERIOUSLY hope my SVT is not putting down freaking 111 whp. I need to get on the dyno...or maybe not...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
keep in mind, its 111whp completely uncorrected. mine was done at about 95degrees too! sure that didnt help. but it came out to 143whp and 131wtq with the corrected numbers. keep in mind though that we're at 6200ft elevation.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
coulda been the dyno.... id rather dyno lower than actual, than higher. that way u have plausable deniability.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts