Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dyno. Number are close to what I expected, but not quite. I was expecting in the mid 150's. However...no cam adjustments were done, they are essentially at 0/0, so I'm not terribly dissapointed.

Mods are as follows:
FR Head (unmilled),
crane 3's,
4-2-1 header and 2 1/4 on back,
70mm maf and 30lb injectors on an iceman upper tube w/cone filter,
azfs22c plugs,
msd coil,
fr wires,
udp,
cam gears...that's about it I think.

Looking at the curves, I'm sure a chip would help, but any idea how much? These results aren't much better than what people are getting with the crane/fr stg 2 cams.
Threw a code for EGR (p1409) on the way back from the dyno if that means anything.
Thoughts? Opinions? Dicuss!

Run 1

Run 2

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Well first off you didn't raise compression which is one of the keys to making power.

Second in an NA build 2.25" exhaust is just too small.

Third cam gear tuning is required for the best power. Why you dyno'd and didn't tune your gears makes no sense.

Fourth a custom chip would tune the car properly, air/fuel wise since you have bigger injectors.

Fifth, those injectors ae to big. Stockers are good till about 150 whp in most cases.

What intake did you use?

There is still plenty of power left in your combo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fifth, those injectors ae to big. Stockers are good till about 150 whp in most cases.
I think he's just about there.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
yea, just about there...but up to 30lb, theres no need, 24lb would have probably seen better numbers

is the 70maf calibrated for the 30lb injectors?...and what do you use for a timing solution?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Those are decent numbers. Listen to Focal's advice and you can only gain more power...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not a problem man. You know your stuff. [thumb]

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ok im in NEED of help again. i talked to AMS the tuning place and the guy asked me why am i going to get bigger injectors and how am i gonna tune the car to get the injectors so it wouldnt be rich or some shit like that im soooooo EXPLICT off! god damnit. just when i though i had it all under control now i gotta get more info. i know what is confusing as hell. ok in a nutshell how do i tune my car to get the injectors to run properly. im gonna have to call up my man ray ray. shit man why cant things ever be simple for a simple person! god damnit. i dont ask for much outta life just a job, a piece of ass, and a decent looking car that doesnt give me headaches when i have to order stufff GRRRRR!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Maybe focus mike you should just do appearance mods and leave the power to others.

As far as making the injectors work. All you need is a calibrated MAF sensor. If you are tuning the setup ona dyno you can have a chip burned to handle the a/f duties.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
no you did not just say that! GRRRRRR

breath mike....breath mike ok

brush that off playa just let it go.......grrrrr stop okay.....

you get away this time dont say it again!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Say what, that your car should be burned?

Perhaps you and your crew should sit down and talk to some psychiatrists.

See its like this, you don't know enough about performance modding. There are 2 kinds of people, those who want to learn and those who don't.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts