Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a lot went on today. First we found out what my problem is...(with my car not me)....and it was my coil/wires. My car was basically firing on 3 cylinders. So we swapped them out for my g/f's and it ran a ton better...Also i was going to use the Champion plugs, so we put them in and the car ran worse so we took them out and put the Autolites back in. But we still have spark issues so we called up the Ford dealer and ordered some Motorcraft ones. Well we took a break and waited 2 hours for the parts man to bring my plugs. Finally we put them in and made some decent pulls. As you can see the car was only making 5 psi yes i know the dyno says 7 but he entered that before we started doing pulls and never changed it. Also i still have issues to address...we still think i have a spark issue that is why my hp and tq is dying out at higher rpms. Also i'm maxing out the stock fuel pump, so i'm going to have to change that....and also my O2 sensor is a little slow in reading and need to replace it. Overall on 5 psi it's not to bad. When i took it for a drive the car pulls really crazy nuts and throws your head back for only 5 psi...we were going to turn it up but he said to address the problems and we can do it again. I'll let the videos and photos and dyno slips do the talking. And once again this was on 5 psi and 90 octane.

and the results:

i was happy with these results :wink:

so 159 whp and 167 wtq on 5 psi...isn't to bad

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
That first dyno is all messed up. Nice numbers, turn up the boost!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the first one was with the messed up coil, that is how it was running, just on 3 cylinders.

·
FF Affiliate
30,874 Posts
I dont see any SPK issues but i do see some deto and lack of timing in places

I have done many ZX2 and didnt have any issues with the fuel pumps to about 280HP , have you checked your filter lately

As for the HP falling off in the top will depend on your turbo but thats about normal for what im seeing , keep in mind thats only 5/7psi so you not moving a lot of air to keep the top end HP up

Tom

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my pulse (forgot the actually datalog term) was maxing out at 1.0 for the fuel pump...also my pressure would drop off slightly at higher rpms...he said tho that it wasn't the problem but it was getting maxed out...could it be my fuel filter...i hope. Also the tune was pretty conservative, at most i think there was only 25* of timing added. Maybe i'll see if i can get the datalogs and show you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
definately crank up that boost!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts