Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a drag racin kinda guy so a procharger setup is very appealing to me. I've heard people complaining about it being a dyno queen and not having torque untill like 4k.... my question is, why is this a bad thing? I dont shift till 7k... and that'll be raised soon anyway. so when im "on it" i'll never be outta powerband except for the first 2 "traction limited" seconds anyway.

anyone with personal experience with any "dyno queens"?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Anyone that has a problem with the torque curve of a Procharger should drive the car first. Its very good for street applications. The torque will still way overpower the tires even where it starts coming in. The only thing i would advise though, is if you planned on doing some auto-x with this setup, do a posi-diff at the least. lol. At 10lbs with mine, i could still spin at 65 mph.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ I want a ProCharger SO BAD!!!!! lol

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Nothing wrong with hitting your peak torque at 4k or so..... after at its a 4 banger not a V-8.

I hit my peak TQ around 4k.....

·
Registered
348 Posts
blkthunder said:
I've heard people complaining about it being a dyno queen and not having torque untill like 4k....

anyone with personal experience with any "dyno queens"?
Jesus Effen Christ...where are people getting this crap information?

here...dynos...

Stock zx3, 10lb pulley

Stock SVT 10lb pulley

My ZX3, 10lb pulley FR head, Crane 3 cams, 2.5 into 3" ehxaust...

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Try talking to Ray at Mcnewsautomotive.com as well if you are thinking of going with one, he has tuned a couple I believe. I know you can tune them differently somewhat if you want more down low etc .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts