Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted for awhile, been very busy with computer business.

Had car dyno'd at Focus Sport in Anaheim. Results were 153.6 hp, 133.2 torque. (K&N OEM air filter, took off all exhaust silencers, Bullit muffler, 3 gallons 100 octane pump gas)

Standing behind car as the dude redlined it, I couldn't believe the sweet, angry exhaust noise exploding out the back [whip]

I plan on going back to Focus Sport tom for their dyno day.

I have installed the Focus Sport cold air kit, so I am curious to see the new #'s.

I have also installed the front and rear shock tower braces, and like the effect. The car seems to corner flatter and the structure def feels more solid.

I'll post the new #'s next week

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Borla muffler or Cat-back??

Also, I meant to ask the forum what they thought of my numbers...considering I haven't done much to it yet. Good? Bad? Average?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cat-back, its the baddest exhaust around for SVT. As far as your numbers, their right on par with what they should be. The 100 octane isn't helping you out though, so you might as well stick with 93 or whatever you usually get.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my numbers didn't change much... 156 hp 134 torque

So I guess you guys can know from this, that a cold-air intake, just by itself adds 2-3 hp at the wheels.

I don't know if I am contrib anything new, just thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
2-3 isnt a bad gain. also depends on if u make the power earlier and whatnot. not sure if u really will though. but yeah, get the catback and u should see a lil bit more of a gain good post, ive always wondered what svt's dyno at

1 - 6 of 6 Posts