Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on Dynamat. I have 2, 12 inch JL w1V2s with a old Hifoncs Ulysess pushing them. Shakes the car like crazy. From the outside it sounds buzzy. Wondering what dynamat would do for me?

What say the pros?

As a side question. Would I see much of a difference moving up to W3V3s?

Thanks

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
license plate frame rattling perhaps? That's usually the first thing.

I have RAAMmat (raamaudio.com) which is basically the same stuff as Dynamat, except cheaper. I did the entire hatch and also layered some ensolite on top, which is like a neoprene sound proofer. I am only pushing two 10" woofers back there, but nothing rattles from the outside. There is (should be) more to the music than one octave btw.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
not worth, when you can buy the same thing for much cheaper like eDead or raammat as mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yup like already stated above, when you purchase dynomat, you are paying for the name. Don't waste your money unless you can get a crazy good deal on it. There are other products out there you just gotta search around for it.

Jesse

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i did my whole car (2layers on the roof and floor, 1 layer on the door skin, 1 on the door insert, the hatch and any other interior area my arm could reach) in THIS i got 80sq feet of it.... but i got it when it was 50somethign% off so it didnt cost an arm and a leg...

but YES i think its totally worth it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have dynamat on my licence plate right now, but only because my buddy had just enough left over from his last install to throw it on there... it works... but it wouldnt be there if i had to pay for it (what like $30 for a licence plate kit with the dynamat name on it?)

i prefer eDead, i have had good experiences with it. I was sold on it after i got in my buddies 27 year old toyota that had less exterior noise leaking in than a lexus. he bought the liquid and mat... liquid for places he couldnt reach (used a modified paint sprayer you would use for a house), then matted all flat/accessible surfaces... and it was probably 1/4 the cost of dynamat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dampening material is definitely worth the cost and the work. Hushmat is really good, and costs less than Dyna mat. One tip for doors. Cover the outer door skin and place a layer on the inner door skin behind the door panel. You should expect some major decrease on exterior noises, as the Focus has minimal sound deadening material from the factory.

·
Registered
470 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts