Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been thinking about this for alittle while. Mainly because my drivers seat is getting pretty faded from use and it doesnt help after i ride bikes im usually pretty sweaty and sometimes the seat gets wet. btw theres are the blue insert seats But...my point, has anyone ever dyied the center of them? Im thinkin just black but im not sure if 1. it would look good, 2. it would last or wear off fast or 3. if im stupid for thinking this. Any input is welcome.

Nick

when i got the car they were perfect, now everytime i look at the drivers seat i sit in it as fast as i can so no one can see how dirty it is.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
personally i love the svt seats as is... so when you said sying them i about fell over, but i know exactly what your saying about the seats... my solution, after work and riding i do 2 things, change my shirt and throw down a towel... it looks kinda honkey but it works... my seats look like new... as for the dying id say no, but thats just cuz i love the svt seats... just my thoughts...

side note send a pm with answer if you wanna...
what frame do you think would stand up to a ton of park and some street riding.. the volume death wish 2 frame or the fit flow series?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually put a shirt down and that has helped alot from getting them stained.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my red inserts. I went to an interior shop, they quoted me $500 to replace all the red with grey suede.

If you dye the seats, you might be asking for trouble. What if you were wearing khakis one day and got wet, then you get out of your car, and your ass is blue...? ! that would suck. I'm sure there is a way to do it though. I would check with an interior shop if i were you.

·
Registered
758 Posts
it may be easier to just get them reapolstered (sp?) and probably safer on your rear, ncslavens may be on to something lol...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i picked up a canister of that interior foaming shampoo that comes with a plastic bristle brush on the end from a grocery store. it took out a chinese food stain that had been there for 2 years of heated seats and daily use

i'll get a pic of it tonight if you PM me - it really brought the richness of the color back into the seats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts