Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my alarm system (i think) is dying on me. and what i mean by that is that it wouldnt unlock by pressing the unlock button on the key once. it would take a couple of times for me to press it before it unlocks. but after driving my car for a while and then trying to unlock it, it does it just fine w/ no delay. does anybody know whats going on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fords crappy GEM module, i have had the same problem with mine Ford said it was problem with the Gem module, but it was like a grand to replace so i decided to live with the intermittent unlocking.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
if your that worried abotu it get an aftermarket alarm. viper, compustar, etc

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Mine did the same, mine turned out to be a failing switch within the remote.. I replaced the microswitch a few times and kept going bad due to the rubber failing.. I bought a new remote and it fixed the problem

the remote would allow 1 press to unlock the drivers and after that it refused to open the rest of the doors and we would have to be within 5 feet of the car for it to work even with 3 brand new batteries also it had a BAD habit of when we use the hatch release off the remote it would panic the cars alarm..
we also got the same thing that the cars controller and antennas going bad.. but I used a recent ignition freeze ( which we had to replace) to get the ALL the cars keys and remotes removed and 2 new sets of keys and remotes reprogrammed and the remotes work beautifully

Pull the cover off the remote and pull the board from the rubber tell me if you see blue or green goo (its looks and feels like grease but it isn't)

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^well when i get back home ima check out my remote. but i think ima just replace the entire system instead. can i replace the system with an aftermarket system?

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
I would try replacing the remote first. From what I understand, if you have two of them you can easily program the remotes yourself, but when you only have one- you have to pay for programming.

Also, Feral, do you know that you can reprogram your car to unlock all the doors with one press of the unlock button. Since you live in a low crime area it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can i easily get a remote from ebay? has anybody seen these remotes that they're sellin off of ebay?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anybody know about those remotes on ebay???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts