Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Changed plugs today and I was surprised to find clear water in spark plug wells 2 and 3 (did not appear to be coolant and not oil). I had no previous misfire and was just changing out of maintenance. I did this after driving in heavy rain last night and did also notice the rubber bulb (looks like a little boob) between the two was askew and not sealing. I placed back. The plugs and boots were also not corroded. The boob might be the problem but seems weird water would get there in the first place. I did just pick up the car from out of state.

Has anyone gotten water in the center wells and what was it? I think I'm ok, but want to know what to watch for.
Pic attached.

Thank you,

T.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
333 Posts
The previous owner may have washed off the top of the engine but since you drove thru heavy rain I'll bet some water splashed up from the underneath of the car and made it's way in the plug wells. Since the seal or boot wasn't in place the right way it would allow water to collect there. The boots are there for a reason.
What year and engine was this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The previous owner may have washed off the top of the engine but since you drove thru heavy rain I'll bet some water splashed up from the underneath of the car and made it's way in the plug wells. Since the seal or boot wasn't in place the right way it would allow water to collect there. The boots are there for a reason.
What year and engine was this?
That makes sense. Just bought it so the previous owner was a dealer. It's a 2011. 2.0 duratec. It amazes me it was not misfiring.

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
333 Posts
The water didn't enter the rubber part that actually slips on the plug so it did it's job by insulating it from moisture. If there was an imperfection in the rubber then it indeed probably would have misfired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts