Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i own a 2.3L duratec 2005. it has a plastic valve cover on it right now. i bought a metal valve cover for it off a 03-04 focus that came with the metal cover. i noticed that mine has 5 holes, then one i got has 4. im pretty sure the hole between cylinder 2 and 3 is the coolant sensor?!?!? is there ways around this or does the valve cover i got just not work with it?!?!?! anyone have this problem before! i tryed looking EVERYWHERE on the internet and i cant find any info!!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
The middle hole is for the cylinder head temp sensor. All duratec valve covers will have this. If the one you bought does not have it, then you may not have a duratec one. Post a picture of it please.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pic

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a good mystery you have there. Every Duratec I've seen has a hole for the CHT sensor in the middle. Are there any markings on the underside?
all it says under it is 1s7g-6582-ah then blow that has 1.1 and a funky stamp mark.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Agree with boosta....because the 03-04 2.3l valve cover does fit the 05+, I have one on my car.

I say drill out the needed hole, if all the bolt holes line up.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Hard to tell in the picture but are there the threaded mount points for the ignition coils?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Might even be a ford fusion, some dont have the center opening either, most likely a Mazda valve cover. I was sold the wrong one from Tousley Ford a while back.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
But the Fusion has VCT, so the left side would have an opening for the valve.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does anyone know?!?!?! need more pictures at diffrent angles!?!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I have a 2.0 duratec in my 07, and i dont see that center hole. What goes in the center hole?

closer

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
interesting Bower, i thought all the ford focus duratec valve covers were interchangable

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I dont know, im not even sure what i have i guess. I think its a 2.0 duratec i4?

I always thought this engine was a mazda engine.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I vote for painting the stock one with some VHT paint of your choice. The engine is a Mazda engine, but without VCT, DI or any of the other things that make there version better.
At my local club meet this weekend I will take pictures of everyone's Valve cover and post them for you, we have a version of every model from 2000-2010.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Bower, you can see the boot that covers the center hole in your pic.

this cover might be from a st150. they didnt have COPs so no tie-downs for those

1 - 20 of 25 Posts