Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jam-sport.co.uk/supercharger.asp
apparently the fiesta ST motor shares the same setup as out 2.3 and 2.0 i got an e-mail from this place with some pics of the kit installed. it looks like it may work i am probably going to order the kit next week

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
you dont think thats a little bit to risky, and more because you will be spending around $ 4k ???... just think about it and make sure that work with your car...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can always do some fabrication if needed

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Actually its going to be about 4500 dollars to get the stage 1 kit then the cost of fabricating some of the piping and most likely a custom tune I'm sure the total will be closer to 5500 dollars. But hey man if you have that kind of money to throw down on the fofo more power to you.

But you'll need a little bit of fabrication for the piping but other than that it should bolt up very nicely.

Also to get the full 11psi that you get with the FocusSport turbo you looking at 5500 dollars just to get it shipped over here.

EDIT: Just to let you know though on a 2.3l that was taken out to 2.5l they made 370whp with one of those supercharger kits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjAKr6mkeK8&feature=related

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Search the fiesta forums, looks like a good set-up and you get to keep the AC! mega win

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Are you sure you can keep the A/C because I'm pretty sure the supercharger sits right where the A/C sits.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Thats cool, be the only SC dura in the US.

Try it out its something different and unique.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i've actually never heard of this brand [???:)] . i personally prefer turbo because you can get a lot more than a sc. but this is really cool. you should go for it and try it out and since you'll be the first one ask them if they can give you a discount [:)~] lol

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
i've actually never heard of this brand [???:)] . i personally prefer turbo because you can get a lot more than a sc. but this is really cool. you should go for it and try it out and since you'll be the first one ask them if they can give you a discount [:)~] lol
That company has a project car that's making 370whp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would rather spend that amount on something that has been proven, Hell for 5,500 you might be able to talk Tom into to building a sweet 1 off turbo kit, with a nice bottom end to boot. But what do I know I've only been a mechanic for 17yrs now, LOL!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Are you here just to plug Tom's turbo kit?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No just hate seeing people waste their hard earned money and being disapointed. I've seen alot of poeple have good intentions at first just to waste their time and money, when there are great products out there that have been proven time and time again! Also, I think alittle further down the road than most, that's where reliabilty and also quality comes in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts