Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what are some fast ways to gain a little hp here and there? I realize there isn't really a lot of stuffbyou can do to the 2.0 duratec... So I've read. A turbo is out of the question. To expensive lol I'm trying tin figure out how to install a cai now. But having issues with map sensor and the car not running right so had to go back to stock air system.

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
You mean the MAF not the MAP correct , you need to buy a CAI any changes before or after the MAF or trying to remove the MAF can/will result in changes to fueling

Tom

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hey guys what are some fast ways to gain a little hp here and there? I realize there isn't really a lot of stuffbyou can do to the 2.0 duratec... So I've read. A turbo is out of the question. To expensive lol I'm trying tin figure out how to install a cai now. But having issues with map sensor and the car not running right so had to go back to stock air system.
Start w/ a Steeda sri. What kind of budget are you working with?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I'm looking to chip it. Any recommendations? 1turbofocus I know what you recommend by reading the forums and seeing your past posts. I wish I had the kind of cash to get what you offer but I don't. Unfortunately

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I cut out the tubing from my OEM air box and it worked. No cel and better gas mileage.
Throw a Steeda sri or a Fwerks cai & a tune at it,,,,,[like]

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
How do they check for emmissions there???
In NY we are required to do an emissions inspection once a year. I believe they check the ECU and do a visual inspection. I'm sure I could easily get away with a CAI and I wouldn't have any issues passing inspection but I'm not a fan of changing air/fuel ratios without proper tuning.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
In NY we are required to do an emissions inspection once a year. I believe they check the ECU and do a visual inspection. I'm sure I could easily get away with a CAI and I wouldn't have any issues passing inspection but I'm not a fan of changing air/fuel ratios without proper tuning.
So do they rack the car or even look under it? You could get your tuner to delete the rear 02 sensor & egr & you wouldn't have no cel on. They acutally look under your hood?

·
Registered
739 Posts
So do they rack the car or even look under it? You could get your tuner to delete the rear 02 sensor & egr & you wouldn't have no cel on. They acutally look under your hood?
They do a visual inspection underneath. Last year is actually got a lot more strict. There were a ton of people in my Mustang club that failed emissions last year due to tunes whereas previously they had passed for many years. A big one was when people turned off the o2 sensors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts