Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 3 months of waiting i finally got my nitrous works kit. my question is, where should i tap the fuel rail? if anyone has installed nitrous on a duratec it would be great if you could tell me how you did it. thanks

Jon

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so... no one has a n20 saleen then... because if someone did it would be awsome

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You could try contacting Saleen... maybe they have some type of custom adaptor they could sell you, not only would it be a tested piece, but it'd also be kinda cool having a 'partial Saleen'

·
Registered
50 Posts
i put nitrous on a ranger i had and there is a schrader valve on that one maybe on all fords to release the pressure in the fuel rail i removed this and found a part at a shop that sold nitrous fitting and screwed right into it seemed to work

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yes, there is a fitting like that on the z-tecs, I'm not sure if the duratec has it or not. Just take a look at your fuel rail and see if there is a plate with 2 small bolts that comes off the end of the fuel rail.
If so, Mcnewsautomotive.com keeps them in stock.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I dont have a duratec but I have Zetec and I have the same kit. There is a special adapter that u will need. When I got my kit it didnt have the adapter in it. The good thing was that I bought the kit from Jegs. They called Nitrous Works and they made the fitting and sent it out. In short the adapter is suppose to be there but doesnt come in the kit. They ordered 2 kits to see if that was the case. Hope that helps

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Please write a how to when you out it in, and what are you having to do about a tune? Flash back to stock or what?

I am looking into getting juice.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
No tune needed with a wet nitrous kit. The "tune" is in the fuel and nitrous jets. It is a "stand-alone " system. If you are staying 50 HP or under, none is needed. If you are going with a bigger shot ( 75HP or above) I would see about getting a specific nitrous tune. If you have a tune or a "chip" in your car now, you should remove it to run nitrous.

Read this:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11534

·
Registered
592 Posts
Be careful though I ran a 100 shot on mine for awhile and I spun a rod bearing and blew the rings on it. The only thing u really need to do it make sure u use the right jets otherwise u will cause problems like to much nitrous or to much fuel or noit enough of either and thats when u come into ptroblems

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
with a 100 shot you were prolly running out of fuel ^^^ and going lean, you get it back together??

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
if you set it up right, there really is no need to run higher than a 75 shot. I haven't 'run out of power' yet with my 75 shot. I keep improving my 1/4 time by improving traction (of course now I need to improve my clutch...lol)

·
Registered
592 Posts
yeah i got another motor back in but i havent run the nitrous since then....The kit is actually up for sale

1 - 13 of 13 Posts