Registered
1,803 Posts
intake, exhaust, tune, header, STS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't spend a lot on the car, I was thinking if I could get an OBD socket and
reprogram the ECU using my laptop! Is it possible to find necessary software and hardware
to connect my laptop?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
buy a tune. intakes aren't that expensive and neither are exhaust systems, try ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is a "tune"? is it software to download it on the ECU of the DURATEC?
you mean I can find the cable + the software at ebay? do you know the url address?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Remember, he has a Mondeo and is in Greece. While a Duratec engine, a Focus tune probably won't work on his car. He will need to find someone in Europe that works with SCT to develop a tune for him. Besides, you don't see that much power on a stock engine with just a tune.

Without knowing much about your car, its hard to make suggestions for parts. A lot of the bolt-on stuff is engine bay specific, and something made for the Focus might not fit in your engine bay.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I agree with EGZ about the engine bay, although I've looked at a Mondeo, and it's very similar to the Focus. However, a European performance parts supplier in Europe would be the best place to start.

Best of luck with the Mondeo, if the Euro Mondeo is better than the US Focus- which I assume it is since most everything else Ford gets better the further away from the US you get- then you shouldn't have any problems making a Mondeo perform better than a comparable Volkswagen. The UK has lots of parts, but I'd think that something would be available closer- like from Germany.

Best of luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts