Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My car idles fine and drives good, but sometimes it begins to sound like a 2-stroke and I have a misfire on cylinders #2 and #3. After restarting car, or just driving a bit, it goes away in a snap, and it runs smoothly again. Any ideas?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced coils. Car runs better. However, every once in awhile my motor sounds like a 2 stroke, and I have to either restart it while in motion or sometimes after 30-45 seconds it smooths out in a snap. I'm so confused. I like my SVT so much better than the 2.0 Duratrash. Any ideas?

FF Affiliate
Everyone has ideas but how many parts are you willing to change as people give you " ideas " ?

Need to do a datalog of whats happening , could be a bad front o2 , Vac leak etc etc

Tom

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I already played the parts game. New manifold, new upstream o2, plugs, coils, fuel rail pressure, maf, map, pcv valve and hose. Desperate and confused.

Registered
I already played the parts game. New manifold, new upstream o2, plugs, coils, fuel rail pressure, maf, map, pcv valve and hose. Desperate and confused.
Got an '04 2.3 ZTS AT doing the exact same thing, no CEL or codes. Waiting for CEL or to get worse, keep me posted and I will do the same if anything new comes up on it.

Registered
Have you done a compression test? Have to popped the valve cover and looked for any pitting on the cams? Did you check to make sure the plugs are tight? Did you use lube to install the plugs, if so what kind?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts