Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since I received only one reply on the tech chat I decided to put it here to get more input. Does anyone know where can I get new flywheel bolts for the duratec besides the dealer? or at least, does anyone know the thread/size etc? Pics will be helpful too![wiggle]

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You can call mike and get the thread size from him or maybe your local Ford dealer. Then you can see if arp sells them if thats what you want. I called the dealer here and asked them about a bolt I needed for my oil cooler and they told me the thread size.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i'm pretty sure massive sells ARP ones...i swear i've seen them somewhere

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Massive only has flywheel bolts for the zetec, I guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow to find out :(

·
Registered
930 Posts
I used ARP/Cosworth for mine.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Flywheels are not shared between the two though. Even then, the MTX75 bellhousing is different as I recall.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
sporadic found that there is even a difference between the 2.3 and 2.0 flywheel bolts... i would just use OEM... nothing usually goes wrong with OEM stuff.

·
Registered
930 Posts
sporadic found that there is even a difference between the 2.3 and 2.0 flywheel bolts... i would just use OEM... nothing usually goes wrong with OEM stuff.
Yeah I wanna say it is a length difference. I used a 2.3 flywheel from spec and the cossie 2.3 bolts (made by ARP) and it worked together.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, there's no way I'm paying almost 100 bucks for stock bolts. I might sound like a cheap bastard but I think that $14 + tax for a bolt is a robbery. ARP says that their bolts will fit 1996 to 2000 duratec engines, so I guess they are not meant for our duratec. There must be a way around this, I'll have to figure it out myself (as always) since all your posts are useless...... j/k lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts