Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How much would you pay for something Like this for your Duratec?

• Less than $100

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • $100-$125

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Greater than $125

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Not a penny, I think the idea is stupid!

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duratec owners, who would be interested in an engine cover designed especially for Focus Duratecs. Attached is a pic of the engine cover on the Mazda 3, minus the Mazda emblem. What I have in mind is something similar, but only with an attractive Focus or Ford (blue oval) emblem. I would also want to design it a little longer in the front to cover some of the intake's nastiness and integrate the dipstick. What do you guys think? How much would you pay for something like this? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wouldn't mind a textured black one. I would pay $60 for it. This is great idea, and I hope you follow up on this. If and when you do, hit me up, I'll be your first customer![thumb]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mazda cover

Not sure, But I will be going by the dealership tomorrow. I will find out. Thanks for the response nuttypet. This is the one thing I HATE about the duratec. When you open the hood, you are hit immediately by all the wires and crap on the top of the engine. This would definately clean up the top of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I aint feeling the design of the cover(s) pictured...
Personally, i like seeing the valve cover.
It's the ugly intake manifold that hurts my eyes.

just my opinion.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think that looks really nice, but I would like to see it under 100.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
all i can say is def in as long as under $100 depending on how it turns out. not feeling the brushed look, just not what i'm going for. but i guess it's paintable. i would be in for this the second they were ready to ship. it would really help out the look of our engine bay. hope u follow thru and keep us updated! my question is, can you purchase these as pictured? i would love anything to hide the cluster F that is the top of the duratec engine. LOL

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I love the idea, though I'd like to see it come in under $100 also. I couldn't agree more with what jmotank said...anything to hide that rat's nest of wires and crap on top of the engine would be well worth the $$. Good luck, keep us posted on how things are going ! [thumb]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The brushed aluminum one is a Zetec cover from Ford Racing, and is available now. The black one is a photoshopped version of the Mazda 3 cover.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would take one for uner $100 PM me and i will definatly buy!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd definitely pay under $100. Probably closer to $50. I cannot really justify spending $100 for a piece of plastic or aluminum that most would never see, including myself. But it would make my PZEV engine bay look much neater.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts